Not hungry after intense workouts

Options
I'm curious if anyone else is like this. I do bootcamp 4 days a week. Class is after work from 6-7pm, I get home shower and usually sit down to eat around 7:40 (I go to bed about 11pm) We'll usually have either chicken breast or pork with veggies but I find I'm just not hungry. I can usually only eat about 2 oz of meat and maybe 1/4 cup veggies. The next morning however I'm starving. I'm assuming this can't be good for losing weight right?

Anyone have suggestions? I try to eat something light around 3 or 4 to give me the energy for the high intensity classes and I'm always drinking water.

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Same, not hungry after my ridiculous workouts.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Me too. I don't eat much at all on hard workout days, but the next day I make up for it :smile:
    No effect on weight loss as long as you're under for your weekly calorie allotment.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry after a regular 1 hour class pushing myself hard. But I'm very hungry if I mix it up and adding another hour of low intensity, 2 hours total. I try to make sure to eat something nutritious, though, to minimize resting time.
  • IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Save the food you don't eat after workouts and eat it in the morning? Your body doesn't reset at midnight, as long as it evens out to a deficit you'll still lose weight.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that problem. Just don't eat.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. If I work out in the morning, I'm not hungry for a few hours after. On Zumba nights, I rarely have more than a bowl of granola for dinner afterwards. I either plan a more filling lunch day of, or save the calories for the next day. Its worked out great for me.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am not hungry right after a workout...but do get ravenous about 2-3 hours later
  • Kiwi_Billings
    Kiwi_Billings Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way after water aerobics and swimming - about 90 to 120 mins. 4x per week. Sometimes I just dont feel like eating until the next morning. This has been the case for a few months so I am used to it and no longer alarmed by it. I end up eating good the next morning and at lunch too. Then my appetite drops off in the evening and just eat something light. Works out well - for me - and I have been getting great results. Listen to your body.