NSV - Tracking...Everything

Options
Over the last few weeks I've had a couple of days that I ate things I didn't really need to...the Costco samples got me one day, and almost a whole bag of Candy Corns another day. I used to not track the remainder of the day because I thought I failed for the day. But this time around I've been so diligent in tracking everything...even those days...even when I didn't want to. It turns out that those days really aren't that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Replies

• AshleyNicolePedigo
    AshleyNicolePedigo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Tracking keeps us accountable and helps me makes better choices too! I've been faithfully tracking everything for 17 days now and I love it! I have my bad days too where I'm like, well I really dont wanna put that in cause I don't wanna see the high number of calories I've had for the day but I do it and then just try and do better the next day.
  • StampingJen
    StampingJen Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I chuckled because I'm eating candy corn as I type! lol I did weigh my 1 ounce though and will enter that into mfp. Great job entering all your food! I'm like you were, if I have a bad food day I tend to not enter anything. I must follow your lead!! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    well done! i know exactly what that is like... many times in the past i 'gave up' logging a day because i didn't want to see that terrible high number. this time around, i'm doing my best to be honest with myself, because by logging those extra calories, or a whole day that put me quite a bit over, it really can serve as motivation to do better the next day. and it also allows me to go back and look at my previous entries when the weight is not coming off like i hope it is, and see a true analysis of where i might need to make some changes. but like you said - in the grand scheme of things, it's often not as bad as we think it is. :)

keep it up!! :)
  • breakingfitter
    Options
    Oh man, those Costco samples always get me, I never track them and then, like you, give up for the rest of the day. I mean, someone should make a calculator for that "How many calories in ___ samples"!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    My NSV today...
    Had to wash ALL MY PANTS because they're too baggy! Need to shrink them!
  • SilverG35Princess
    Options
    MSeel1984 wrote: »
    My NSV today...
    Had to wash ALL MY PANTS because they're too baggy! Need to shrink them!

I love that! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!