Down a size

Options
My size 16 pants has been just hanging off me for weeks, but until yesterday, I wasn't quite into size 14s - well, I fit them now baby! And I feel sooo motivated to keep going. I wore smaller jeans yesterday and smaller dress pants today and it feels so weird to wear clothes that fit/are snug again after getting used to my "too loose" pants. The plus of of it, is that I am now motivated to get these pants loose.

How do you all feel when you get into a smaller size?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    This weekend I tried on a couple of pairs of the pants that have been too small for about a year and they fit! I wasn't sure they would since the scale shows I weigh 10 pounds more than when they fit me last but the strength training is paying off and I'm smaller at the same weight. It's an awesome feeling to fit into my smaller clothes!
  • jayb376
    Options
    My weight has fluctuated over summer, I was down 40 pounds but then summer burgers, beer and camp fire snacks beat the hell out of my accomplishments. As I was losing though the way my clothes felt was the first thing I noticed and once I started realising how much better everything fit I started feeling MUCH better about myself. My first drop in size was a huge day, I don't show excitement too much but I was pumped that day. Now I just gotta get back there again.
  • MelanieMamaof5
    MelanieMamaof5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I love the feeling of fitting into a smaller size! I've had 5 kids so I have had a TON of experience in the fluctuations of weight/pant size. I'm currently on the last let of weight loss with baby #5. 10 lbs to go. 1 pant size to go. She's 11.5 months old. Can't wait to fit back into my "regular" wardrobe.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My size 16 pants has been just hanging off me for weeks, but until yesterday, I wasn't quite into size 14s - well, I fit them now baby! And I feel sooo motivated to keep going. I wore smaller jeans yesterday and smaller dress pants today and it feels so weird to wear clothes that fit/are snug again after getting used to my "too loose" pants. The plus of of it, is that I am now motivated to get these pants loose.

GOOD FOR YOU! <3

• raysputin
    raysputin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    For the first time in over 20 years I bought a T-shirt with a size that did not have one or more "X's" in it. Made me feel over the moon and made all the effort so far worth it. Next target is to buy a T-shirt without an "L" in it's size.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options

I feel awesome when my new smaller size pants fit! And another benefit; when you wear clothes that actually fit the weight loss is so much more noticeable.

Way to go!

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Going down a size is a big milestone!

Whenever I go down a size I do a happy dance! Internally and yes, I even sometimes actually dance! :)
  • skinnyD2308
    skinnyD2308 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    This weekend I tried on a couple of pairs of the pants that have been too small for about a year and they fit! I wasn't sure they would since the scale shows I weigh 10 pounds more than when they fit me last but the strength training is paying off and I'm smaller at the same weight. It's an awesome feeling to fit into my smaller clothes!

That's awesome!
    Congratulations. I love the feeling of fitting into a smaller size! I've had 5 kids so I have had a TON of experience in the fluctuations of weight/pant size. I'm currently on the last let of weight loss with baby #5. 10 lbs to go. 1 pant size to go. She's 11.5 months old. Can't wait to fit back into my "regular" wardrobe.

Wow! Five babies and almost back to normal 11.5 months after last baby! I bow to you, lol! My 1 baby is almost 4 and I'm just starting to make progress.
  • skinnyD2308
    Options
    raysputin wrote: »
    For the first time in over 20 years I bought a T-shirt with a size that did not have one or more "X's" in it. Made me feel over the moon and made all the effort so far worth it. Next target is to buy a T-shirt without an "L" in it's size.

Congrats! And I'm sure you are well on your way to having an M on your label!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Me? I felt shock and confusion. My butt has never fit in a size 6...not even in middle school :)
  • skinnyD2308
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Congrats!

Me? I felt shock and confusion. My butt has never fit in a size 6...not even in middle school :)

Awesome. I can't even imagine a size 6, but sometimes I see posts like yours and think, hmm, a couple years and consistency might just do the trick after all.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Congrats!

Awesome. I can't even imagine a size 6, but sometimes I see posts like yours and think, hmm, a couple years and consistency might just do the trick after all.

I've been as high as a 14. Keep at it!