trying raw till 4

Options
Over the past week I have been getting more cravings for fruits and vegetables, I basically don't want to eat anything else so am going to try raw till four, I will also be working out 4 days a week.
Is anyone else doing this? any success?

Replies

• sonemoso
    sonemoso Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Worked for 2 weeks until I one day I was starving after heaps and heaps of fruit... I realised I needed more than sugar. Next day I reversed to a balanced diet and was satisfied. The lesson I learned from that is that I eat far more fruits and starches... just in combo with healthy fats and protein. I stayed vegetarian though and usually have soy based dairy substitutes. Feel much better, but I would do what your body craves. As long as you listen to it and still look after yourself (not harming your body with a too crazy diet). As long as you meet all your goals (vitamins, minerals, etc.) You might as well go for the diet that satisfies you the most and makes you happy!
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My daughter did / still does Raw to four. She has lost 30 pounds over 6 months, she's much healthier, and she does not crave junk. Now, she does go out with friends on weekends (now that she's down in weight) and she does have pizza or whatever she wants on the weekends out. But, she's not as hungry and she eats less. I am doing it, somewhat modified- (coffee/milk/cooked fish/chicken/ no beef), and I LOVE it, I feel healthier, Mind is clearer. We both eat a LOT of veggies, some fruit, and mostly fish.
  • zara49
    zara49 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey - Im about to try Raw till 4. I love fruit and salads so that shouldnt be an issue BUT I can imagine myself not using any sort of oils.
    - I love making soups in the evening - and usually use oil to fry the onions & stuff ... What sort of dinners do you eat? (cooked once)

xoxo
    Zara
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I'd be bloody freezing all day with cold raw food... Need hot stuff here in the winter, it might be OK if I lived in Southern Florida or California, lol.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I love raw veggies, I prefer raw over cooked
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I'd be bloody freezing all day with cold raw food... Need hot stuff here in the winter, it might be OK if I lived in Southern Florida or California, lol.

I live in a cold climit but that doesn't prevent me from eating raw.
  • EnviDreams
    EnviDreams Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I follow a modified version of the raw till 4. Instead of eating 3k cals a day- I eat about 1800-2200k a day. 80% is fruit, 10% fat & 10% protein. I love it. This is a great program for cardio addicts like me that work out intensly 7 days a week. I don't really like meat anyway & I feel just fine. I still eat a quest bar or greek yogurt every day to help get that 10% protein for the day
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    what no veggies and imagine all that sugar intake can't be good for you either. Anyone who is diabetic will tell you, even sugar from fruit is not good for you.

I eat one to two pieces a day max.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Seeing as how protein and fats are required and carbs aren't, I'd stick to the balanced macronutrient diet.