What are some of yall best cheat meals?

Options
Just curious to know how my fellow fitnesspal community decide how they enjoy their cheat meals. What are some of yall best cheat meals so far. Mines was yesterday. I ate half of a large pizza, large bag of cheetos, And swiss roll cakes. Aye you gotta live ya life sometimes!. but today im back on my diet eating straight up healthy and clean foods until my next cheat meal. What are some of yalls best cheat meals? and I want to hear some good cheat meals too, so no a poptart dosent count! Lol.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I don't really do cheat meals I just try to fit foods into my calorie and macro goals/allowances….

although about two weeks ago I housed about 16 buffalo wings and six beers watching the florida state - Clemson game which ended up putting me about 500 calories over for the day ….

I pretty much eat all the foods….
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't do that. I eat pizza or chips (or anything) when I want and count it into my day. Every so often I might choose to eat more than my calorie goal, but it's still the same kinds of foods.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I don't really do cheat meals I just try to fit foods into my calorie and macro goals/allowances….

That's my approach, too. I try to make things balance out over the course of a week, though, so if I go a little over one day, I make it up later (unless I was already a little under for the week).

After all, I've changed my lifestyle so that I eat a reasonable amount of satisfying food. Why would I want to cheat on myself? My lifestyle allows me to have a bacon cheeseburger with fries and a martini if I want (that was dinner one night a few weeks ago), as well as things like the lamb chops, braised turnips, and green beans that are going on the table tonight.

34527787.png

• shonako
    shonako Posts: 98 Member
    Options

although about two weeks ago I housed about 16 buffalo wings and six beers watching the florida state - Clemson game which ended up putting me about 500 calories over for the day ….

I pretty much eat all the foods….

Awww man i want some wingz now lol. But i wanted to start trying out eating in moderation but im a little scared it will slow me down from shreding my last 20 pounds.

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I don't do "cheats", per se, but I'll take a maintenance day/week once in a while for the heck of it (or close enough, lol). I guess a "cheat" for me would be to "break" my macro mix for the day (whooo, that's a hella lotta fat, lol).

Hot wings and onion rings or a fried chicken dinner with all the fixins are my favorites (oh, and beers to wash it all down). Oh, or maybe an authentic Mexican dinner (with beers), or a big old slab of steak with a baked potato as big as my head (with beers to wash it all down--see a trend?).
  • shonako
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't do that. I eat pizza or chips (or anything) when I want and count it into my day. Every so often I might choose to eat more than my calorie goal, but it's still the same kinds of foods.

hmmmm. maby i will give eating in moderation a lil try.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Nothing is considered "cheating" for me.

Demonizing food as a "cheat" only makes me want it more.

I eat the things I want in small amounts while making sure I get enough of the necessities and getting some exercise.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    If by cheat meals you mean rubbish carby food, I don't. So not worth it. Makes me feel like garbage for days. My "cheat" meal is a 400g rib eye steak cooked in butter, with a pile of bacon on the side.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    shonako wrote: »

do you do TDEE method or MFP method?

a strategy that some people use if they are in a aggressive cut (500 per day deficit) is that the increase their calories by 250 per day so that they lose .5/pounds per week for a while and then go back down to 500 per day deficit..kinda gives you a "break"…

• shonako
    Options
    I don't do "cheats", per se, but I'll take a maintenance day/week once in a while for the heck of it (or close enough, lol). I guess a "cheat" for me would be to "break" my macro mix for the day (whooo, that's a hella lotta fat, lol).

Hot wings and onion rings or a fried chicken dinner with all the fixins are my favorites (oh, and beers to wash it all down). Oh, or maybe an authentic Mexican dinner (with beers), or a big old slab of steak with a baked potato as big as my head (with beers to wash it all down--see a trend?).

haha. awww i forgot about hot wingz. maby ill hit up wingstop for my next cheat meal. lol thanks for that idea.

• shonako
    Options
    shonako wrote: »

do you do TDEE method or MFP method?

a strategy that some people use if they are in a aggressive cut (500 per day deficit) is that the increase their calories by 250 per day so that they lose .5/pounds per week for a while and then go back down to 500 per day deficit..kinda gives you a "break"…

i like that idea, i will try that out during the thanksgiving break. buti was wondering about eating 1200 calories on the weekdays and eat 3000-4000 on saturdays to make up for the calories ive been lacking. what are your thoughts on this?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Cheat insinuates doing something wrong-I'm not. Favorite food??? Cheesecake...NO NO, pizza...no no chocolate, well poo, ALL of them, so long as I have room in my calories.
  • shonako
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »
    If by cheat meals you mean rubbish carby food, I don't. So not worth it. Makes me feel like garbage for days. My "cheat" meal is a 400g rib eye steak cooked in butter, with a pile of bacon on the side.

Are you carb sensitive?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Homemade split pea soup and homemade bread, both of which I made today and had tonight for dinner.

Well, it was so good that I felt like I was cheating. :smiley:

Seriously now, cheat meal is not in my vocabulary. If it were, I'd be cheating every single day because I eat everything I love, including ice cream and other sweets, in moderation.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i dont tend to have cheat meals exactly, since i usually dont go over by much if anything. sometimes i have things that dont match my goals though. i am kinda hooked on orange chicken from trader joes. its not really good for me. it is all fat and carbs and sugar and just a little chicken. however, i eat it once a week or so and it catches me up from eating such light meals all week. it makes me feel right, i move on and back to light meals. the prange chicken is my current thing but basically eating a high fat and protein meal is what i need.

my favorite treats can usually be fit into my daily goals though, especially if i work out.
  • shonako
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Cheat insinuates doing something wrong-I'm not. Favorite food??? Cheesecake...NO NO, pizza...no no chocolate, well poo, ALL of them, so long as I have room in my calories.

lol. ive been really thinking about giving eating in moderation a try. How having it been working out for you? Have it slowed down any results?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat. Cheating connotes doing something that you should not be doing.

To eat foods I love and making them fit into my daily calories/macros is not cheating, it's living a normal lifestyle. Only difference between my eating patterns now compared to when I reach maintenance and when I start bulking is that I'm simply eating less food.

my caloric deficit is also very reasonable. So this combined with flexible eating means "cheating" is not required, and I have a fairly healthy relationship with food now.
  • citizen_jim
    Options
    INDIAN BUFFET!!! (and make that extra, extra spicy please!)
  • shonako
    Options
    chadya07 wrote: »
    i dont tend to have cheat meals exactly, since i usually dont go over by much if anything. sometimes i have things that dont match my goals though. i am kinda hooked on orange chicken from trader joes. its not really good for me. it is all fat and carbs and sugar and just a little chicken. however, i eat it once a week or so and it catches me up from eating such light meals all week. it makes me feel right, i move on and back to light meals. the prange chicken is my current thing but basically eating a high fat and protein meal is what i need.

my favorite treats can usually be fit into my daily goals though, especially if i work out.

thats sounds like mostly what i do. i love popeyes chicken and i have it for most of my cheat meals. i also eat real light during the week 1000-1300 calories, not on purpose though. and allow myself a big cheat meal (1000-2500 calories) calories) a week to make up for my calorie deflict.