Just getting started....

So I just started using this app and have chosen the lose 1lb a week. So far I have come in UNDER my goal by about 100 or so calories. I'm just eating what I normally do. No changes. I'm just confused how I'm going to lose weight when I'm eating what I always have been and seem to be reaching this "goal." Maybe I am doing something wrong ?

Replies

• steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    What is your calorie goal for the day? Have you worked out your TDEE?
  • What is TDEE? My calorie goal is 1,540
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    How accurately are you logging? Were you weighing and measuring everything before? Are you now? Serving sizes can be deceiving. Get a food scale, read labels (portions are often much smaller than you think) and go from there. If it's still the same as before, give it awhile, add in some exercise and go from there. If no loss, then drop by 100 calories.
  • What is your calorie goal for the day? Have you worked out your TDEE?

I felt like I am being super accurate. Today I was only 20 below in calories! (And it's only 7:30 pm) so I feel like that probably means I'm in the right zone! Thanks!
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Do not eat foods that come in a bag or box. This will help cut out empty calories and processed foods.
  • Tim_Simons
    Tim_Simons Posts: 64 Member
    I'm using PumpUp. You should try it out guys! It's good.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Do not eat foods that come in a bag or box. This will help cut out empty calories and processed foods.

I'm sorry but this is super confusing. Almost ALL food comes in a bag or a box. My spinach and chicken both come in boxes. Rice and pasta comes in bags, etc.
  • Do not eat foods that come in a bag or box. This will help cut out empty calories and processed foods.

I'm sorry but this is super confusing. Almost ALL food comes in a bag or a box. My spinach and chicken both come in boxes. Rice and pasta comes in bags, etc.

I think they are referring to processed foods. These have high sodium, sugar, and a ton of calories.