Fairly new to the site and need support

Options
Hi guys! I'm fairly new to the site and I have been doing most of it solo so far. My initial weight was 230 lbs\ 104.54 kg my goal is to lose 80 pounds or something close to 40 kg. My primary goal really is to be in better shape. I've never been much of an athletic person and started about a week ago to commit to at least 45 mins of exercise a day with two rest days that I take whenever I feel like it. It's a slow process for me as I see it as a new lifestyle. Something that I can stick to. Feel free to add me I also left my journal open so that anyone who feels like helping me out if they want to. I'd also like to build friendship. I also speak French and Spanish if you aren't at ease with English.

Have a blessed day everyone and keep on shining!

Replies

• clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Invite sent and anyone can add me for some motivation.

I am glad you already have goals and some steps in mind, that will help you along the way, just make sure to stick with it.

I barely speak English correctly, let alone French and Spanish! Good on ya!
  • lshender
    lshender Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You sound like me just a few months ago! Take it one day at a time. Get OCD about the app and let yourself get addicted to your own endorphins. Once you start to feel better and feel better about yourself it will just feed on itself. And when you go to a party? Just put it away that day and enjoy. You'll find you don't want that much anyway.

A series of smaller goals has worked for me. I like the feeling of accomplishment so I've set 10 pound goals up to now. Today I just set a 5 pound goal because my body is starting to tell me it's comfortable where I am. My starting point? Size 22. My actual goal? A closet full of size 14s from before I spent six years on steroids battling vasculitis. Almost there!