What do you eat when you're hungry at bedtime?

Options
I really dislike trying to go to sleep while I'm bothered by hunger pangs. Does anyone have a low calorie idea for quieting a hungry tummy?

Replies

• FatJockSing
    FatJockSing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I design my eating so I have specific calories and macros left at bedtime. anything is low calorie if you eat a small amount. The old addage "Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail" appear to be appropriate here . . . IMHO
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I always eat at night, it can be anything for me! So far tonight I've had a mandarin and a fudgsicle. :o I always have calories left for my evening snack.
  • PotentiallyCrazy
    PotentiallyCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I find myself snacking on popcorn pretty often lately
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Berries. Especially raspberries and strawberries.
  • onasunnyafternoon
    Options
    I've been snacking on dried cranberries a lot lately, the ones I buy are 40 cals for a 50g serving, and that is way more than enough for me. I tend to serve myself 25g at a time to snack on.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    My last bite finishes about 2 hours before bedtime so I do feel a little hungry but it's not unbearable - try eating a light meal slightly later after dinner if that fits your schedule.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I schedule an evening snack into my cals/macros. Tonight I've planned a strawberry Muller rice.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits my calories. A bit of cheese is a favorite.
  • p0ck3t
    p0ck3t Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually top lowfat, plain yogurt with berries, blend up a fruit smoothie, or just have a single serving of fruit by itself. In my opinion, portion control is just as important as what you actually eat.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I usually have an apple or piece of melon. I find that does the trick. You could just save some calories then have whatever you can 'afford'

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]25436425.png[/url]
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer had me eat low fat cottage cheese, not nonfat. The fat is to satiate you, the protein is to keep you fuller longer and helps feed/preserve muscles during weight loss. That can become any low fat/protein combo you enjoy, as long as you plan for it and stay within your calorie goals.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    honestly I just drink a glass of cold water. Eating at bedtime makes my stomach hurt when I lay down.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I have an ice cream or popchips whilst I'm watching tv - because I generally have at least about 100 or 150 calories left

then I have a long bubble bath

• Goddess4Winds
    Goddess4Winds Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm having cottage cheese topped with Splenda and cinnamon. De-lish! :)
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Pistachio nuts for me, 3rd of a bag (300kcals).
  • jennyhoon
    jennyhoon Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Anything I can snack on.Preferably oat cluster with low fat milk
  • trungalung
    Options
    Probably low fat milk with casein
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I have stocked up on Nakd bars - There lovely! So I have them in my bedroom if I am peckish!!! You should try them? Apple pie is my fav!

But normally I crave chocolate, so I always pop out to the kitchen ... Oppps!!!!!

Maybe our sugar levels are low at this time? Or maybe I am just naughty :wink:
  • ImmortalFire
    ImmortalFire Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I tend to go for a boiled egg, with an apple if I'm still a little peckish, or low fat chocolate milk with an apple :)
  • prasadsurve
    prasadsurve Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Carbs. Carbs increase the availability of the hormones melatonin and serotonin, which help you sleep.