Garcinia Cambrigia and CLA??

It was recommended by a nurse I work with tonight that I might want to try Garcinia Cambrigia or CLA to help me on my weight loss journey (even though I stalled and went in reverse...trying to get back on track.) I've seen the ads in magazines and with Dr. Oz (is that guy even a real doctor?) about the CG, and dismissed it as a fad.

I've seen arguments from people on both sides about CLA. My friend at work said it would make me sweat profusely while I did my work out. And that the purer the CLA the better it works.

Please note that I'm not looking for an "easy" way or a "shortcut" or anything, just an aid. My metabolism is crap and because I work nightshift my energy is pretty much non-existent. Has anyone tried one or both of these? Did they work for you? I have quite a bit of weight to lose so any help is appreciated.

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Both wastes of money.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    No. Neither one has good science to support it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Save your money and eat at a deficit.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Worthless.
    Repeate after me, there is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Your metabolism isn't crap. If you had a slow metabolism, you would have a medical condition (like thyroid problems). Information on how metabolism works: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/weight-loss/expert-answers/slow-metabolism/faq-20058480 If you want to raise your BMR (basal metabolic rate), lift weights.

Also, in the future, use the forum search feature. There are so many "should I try garcinia cambrogia/CLA" threads. They all have the same conclusion: don't bother.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Yeah, don't.

Dr Oz is as much of a doctor as my cat.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Garcinia Cambrigia is a pile of poop. It doesn't burn fat. If you want to lose fat weight then eat at calorie deficiency. Incorporate cardio, strength, and weight training to boost your metabolism which will help you lose weight and make you strong. A food scale will be the key to your weight loss and not that crap Garcinia Cambrigia.
  • rachelhaueter
    rachelhaueter Posts: 41 Member
    Your metabolism isn't crap. If you had a slow metabolism, you would have a medical condition (like thyroid problems). Information on how metabolism works: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/weight-loss/expert-answers/slow-metabolism/faq-20058480 If you want to raise your BMR (basal metabolic rate), lift weights.

Also, in the future, use the forum search feature. There are so many "should I try garcinia cambrogia/CLA" threads. They all have the same conclusion: don't bother.
    I did this. And as I stated above, I saw arguments from both sides. Most of what I saw was a couple years old.

Yanicka1 wrote: »
    Worthless.
    Repeate after me, there is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut. There is no short cut.

I'm not looking for a short cut.