Lacking Motivation :(

Options
Anyone else feeling like your not getting the losses you deserve?

Exercising 4/5 times per week staying within my calories, fat and carbs allowance everyday and don't feel like I am progressing :neutral_face:

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    well giddy up!, How bad do you want it? if you want it bad enough, only you can make it happen.
  • kirstyk05
    kirstyk05 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am really trying though cant fit much more exercise in due to work commitments and my little girl and most days only having 1000 cals
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    well, like your profile says, there are no quick fixes. don't get me wrong, i've been at this for a while myself, and i still don't see the lean yet muscular triathlete i thought i'd see by now.

but i am getting faster and stronger, so thats a plus. my body is changing, and improving. and i know that, yeah, if i really restricted my diet i'd probably drop another 5-10 pounds, but man, i don't want to give up my alcohol and my carbs that badly.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You can do it! We all have days like this but power through! It will happen! Don't give up! Keep going!! xx
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kirstyk05 wrote: »
    I am really trying though cant fit much more exercise in due to work commitments and my little girl and most days only having 1000 cals

why are you only eating 1000 cals?

do you weigh everything you eat with scales?
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    Yes I weigh everything and plan and prepare everything in advance.

My goal when I set up MFP was 1200 some days im quite abit under other and not to far off.

I was told last week I probably need to add snacks, so have now got some seeds and nuts :smile:
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You're stifling your progress by crash dieting. Why not give MFP a try?
    They recommend slow, steady weight loss that is lasting.
    Good luck with whatever path you choose.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    "Anyone else feeling like your not getting the losses you deserve?"

You dont 'deserve' anything. This is not how losing weight works. All of your 'hard work' is your own subjective opinion. If I considered getting out of bed 'hard work', would that mean that I deserved to lose weight?
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    I am following MFP they have recommended 1200 cals I was only getting to around 1000 cals which is why ive added the nuts etc in but feel like im not making any progress still

• Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to drink loooads of water! :smile:
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »

You dont 'deserve' anything. This is not how losing weight works. All of your 'hard work' is your own subjective opinion. If I considered getting out of bed 'hard work', would that mean that I deserved to lose weight?

If your putting the effort in then you do deserve to see results.

If you class getting out of bed as hard work then no you obviously wont get results...... I would rather you kept your subjective opinions to yourself seeing as you find getting our of bed hard work?!

You can tell from my original message I am exercising 5 times per week whilst working full time, looking after a 4 year old and running my own business of an evening and weekend plus I weigh and prepare my meals in advance to ensure I have everything I need. Giving what I am doing then yes I think I deserve to see some sort of results

• kirstyk05
    Options
    lisajo89 wrote: »
    Don't forget to drink loooads of water! :smile:

Completely agree water is so important! I drink about 2.5 litres at the minute but could do with increasing it slightly

Thanks
  • eldamiano
    Options

If you class getting out of bed as hard work then no you obviously wont get results...... I would rather you kept your subjective opinions to yourself seeing as you find getting our of bed hard work?!

You can tell from my original message I am exercising 5 times per week whilst working full time, looking after a 4 year old and running my own business of an evening and weekend plus I weigh and prepare my meals in advance to ensure I have everything I need. Giving what I am doing then yes I think I deserve to see some sort of results

No you dont deserve results. This is a bit of a spoilt attitude. You only get results if you are eating at a calorie deficit.

The point I was making about getting out of bed is that what you think is hard work is your own opinion and in the end is completely irrelevant. Loads of us have kids, have jobs, cook meals, etc.... that doesnt entitle us to anything.

Opinions dont equal weight loss. Calorie deficit = weight loss.
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you're not seeing progress because you are restricting too much? If you're only getting 1000 calories a day, and doing all of that running around, maybe you need to eat more. Do you use a fitbit or anything to calculate calories from all the running around you do? Try eating some of your exercise calories and see how that works for you.
  • kirstyk05
    Options

No you dont deserve results. This is a bit of a spoilt attitude. You only get results if you are eating at a calorie deficit.

The point I was making about getting out of bed is that what you think is hard work is your own opinion and in the end is completely irrelevant. Loads of us have kids, have jobs, cook meals, etc.... that doesnt entitle us to anything.

Spoilt attitude? I actually find you extremely arrogant

Exercising like I have and eating the way I have according to MFP I am spot on everything having 40 carbs/40 protein/20 fat and I am following calorie deficit by having the 1200 calories per day

Wouldn't you expect weight loss???
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    Perhaps you're not seeing progress because you are restricting too much? If you're only getting 1000 calories a day, and doing all of that running around, maybe you need to eat more. Do you use a fitbit or anything to calculate calories from all the running around you do? Try eating some of your exercise calories and see how that works for you.

I use the runkeeper app to track distance, time and calories. Is there a better one?

One thing I don't do is eat back exercise calories although I now will be managing the 1200 calories as ive added nuts and seeds in as a snack
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well if not eating back your exercise calories isn't working for you, then try something different. I use runkeeper when I'm working out, but I also use my Fitbit to make sure I'm eating at a 1000 calorie deficit since I have my preferences set to Sedentary. If you've got yours set on sedentary, you might have too much a deficit and your body doesn't like it.
  • eldamiano
    Options

Spoilt attitude? I actually find you extremely arrogant

Exercising like I have and eating the way I have according to MFP I am spot on everything having 40 carbs/40 protein/20 fat and I am following calorie deficit by having the 1200 calories per day

Wouldn't you expect weight loss???

You can call me arrogant all you like, but I had the same attitude I had towards myself when I was losing weight. You should try it maybe.

3 years ago I was overweight, was running or playing football 3-4 times a week, and like you, I have a daughter, had a job.... but I know that I consumed too much so didnt have a calorie deficit. I could have moaned about deserving to see results based on my hard work, but tried a more accepting solution instead.... (it worked you know...)
  • tremroy1
    tremroy1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    expecting and deserving are very different. we deserve to be overweight.......we expect to lose weight on MFP......it is not more excercise that will get you there.....ne honest with yourself, weigh all your food and log all your intake....takes time what is the rush??? Good Luck
  • kirstyk05
    Options
    Well if not eating back your exercise calories isn't working for you, then try something different. I use runkeeper when I'm working out, but I also use my Fitbit to make sure I'm eating at a 1000 calorie deficit since I have my preferences set to Sedentary. If you've got yours set on sedentary, you might have too much a deficit and your body doesn't like it.

Thank you, i've just downloaded the fitbit app my MFP is also on sedentary, do I need to change this then?