Does pasta make you hungrier?

Options
2»

Replies

• k8n1
    k8n1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I stay away from pasta. I occasionally will use pasta made from quinoa.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Quinoa pasta is great! I don't eat pasta often, but when I do I use the quinoa pasta. It's a superfood with both carbs and protein, and is also made from while grain wheat so you avoid the insulin spikes that come from regular pasta. I cook it a dente and top with a light sauce made with diced tomatoes, a little olive oil (sparing), whatever herbs and spices sound good at the time (always fresh garlic!), and a sprinkle of fresh Parm or Romano.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Pasta is one of the things I've cut way back on. When we do have it (once a week at the very most), I limit myself to the 2-ounce serving. I find that I'm pretty satisfied with that amount as long as I've had enough protein and vegetables (and fat--usually olive oil) to go along with it. I try not to have pasta leftovers for lunch, because I do find that I get hungry pretty quickly and keep craving more of it. If I have it for dinner, which is a larger meal, I don't have this problem. Nevertheless, I love pasta and could never give it up entirely.
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, I already cut bread out cos I knew that was making me hungrier, now if I do have bread, I make it myself...

At least I know I am not alone in feeling really hungry within a couple of hours, well the sound of Quinoa pasta makes me want some, will have to hunt around till I find it...

Again thank you so much....
  • _CrepeSuzette_
    _CrepeSuzette_ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use wholegrain pasta and I feel it fills me up. But I make sure I eat it with lean meat and lots of vegetables.

This ^^.
    I eat pasta once a day minimum (i'm italian) and it really fills me up if i eat it wholegrain with legumes and veggies :wink: