Ankle pain and weak knees during cardio work outs.

chelita20
chelita20 Posts: 4
edited October 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
Since I have been conscious of my fitness my cardio activity for the day looks like this, usually a minimum of one hour walking and 30 minutes of high intensity interval training on a cross trainer (which I love) so my joints don't / haven't suffered much. I also do weight training. But recently I haven't been able to use my gym, so I started working out at home (I really enjoy travelling to and from the gym and using the range of equipment so it's not very exciting for me to exercise at home) anyway I started off doing 100 squats just for fun, some planking- but then I went on a fitnessblender work out video on youtube for a cardio work out. After 10 minutes my ankles had just had enough, I really struggle with jumping jacks or any kind of jump, it hurts my ankles and I feel like I could just fall in a heap on the floor. I also have a really weak right knee which decides to just stop supporting me whenever it wants which I am constantly wary of. Any tips for strengthening my ankles?
- I wasn't wearing any trainers during this work out initially, then I put them on (a decent cushioned pair) after a ten minute frustrating break but there was no difference. This is so frustrating.
- Oh yeah and I am 5ft4 135lbs with a body fat percentage of 20.5%.