PNW check in

dawnna76
dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
How is everyone doing this week?

The weather has been EH, so I know its hard to get out there and pound the pavement but I have managed a few runs and lots of bike riding.

How is everyone else doing on thier goals?

plans for the weekend.

maybe we could all give a general PNW area we are in. I am a bit north of Seattle

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Eastern Oregon. The wettest spring ever! But I keep riding my bike any way.
  • asanville
    asanville Posts: 5 Member
    Tacoma here! I've been using my Wii Fit this week. Ugh this weather.
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    I'm located in the Seattle area, we have a house there. We will be back home mid July (been here since January). Don't hate me cause i know how much it has been raining back home, but I'm in Australia's winter and its mid 70's today. We've adjusted to the weather here though and I think we are going to be cold. We wear jeans and long sleeves here with weather like today even.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    A better title for this thread would have been "Pacific NorthWET check in." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am in SW Washington--Portland (OR)/Vancouver area. We actually managed to have some sun in the late afternoon today, and the weather forecasters are toying with us, promising dry weather for the Starlight Parade, which takes place on Saturday in Portland as part of Rose Festival.

I wouldn't say it rained heavily here this week, but on Wednesday, by 8 a.m. we already broke the rainfall record for that day-- .5 inches. By afternoon, the Rose Festival actually shut down the midway and other attractions that are in place in Waterfront Park during the event. It has to be pretty bad around here before they shut down the Rose Festival due to rain. It this were a normal occurrence, it would happen about every year!!!:noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My plan for the weekend is to take advantage of the dry weather to clean out my car in preparation for having the interior detailed. It has that "lived in look" that only cleaning out a storage unit and having three little doggies as regular passengers can give. I have a lot of other things I need to do, but if the weather really straightens out, I am going to get a walk in the sunshine, no matter what.

Have a good DRY weekend everyone. And when I say "dry" that doesn't mean you can't have a beer!!:drinker: :drinker: My motto is "Better a BEER than an umbrella!!!"
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    bump
  • dawnna76
    Happy Tuesday!

woke up to the glorious shining sun this morning streaming thrgh my windows at 5:45 , must remember to get blackout curtains! The hubby was still snoring away same with the tots so I put on my new running shoes and broke them in. Gosh it felt good to get out there, (love the new shoes BTW)

I watched the weather when I got home and saw rain in the forcast for the next few days here so I am glad I took advantage of this great morning.

still have my bike commute to work to look forward to this afternoon.

Now its off to take care of the household errands and get the boys ready for thier day of playing in the backyard.

Hope everyone is doing well, sticking to thier goals, and enjoying the break in the rain.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,023 Member
    Puyallup checking in!
  • dawnna76
    What a week. Here in Marysville (where I live) we got so much rain we flooded. 1.58 inches in one hour! it was insane. Now however Friday night sunlight is streaming through my windows here at work. Supposed to be great this weekend and I am so looking forward to a nice bikeride with my boys tomorrow while my dear husband lays new sod in our backyard.

Hope everyone else has fun, healthy weekends planned.

Take care and be good to yourselves
  • weaklink109
    I am in SW Washington...still marveling at the fact that with all the rain and lousy weather we have had, the weatherman managed to dish up 80+ degrees:glasses: :glasses: for the Rose Festival Parade tomorrow (Saturday). :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Usually, if it's going to rain, THAT will be the day it happens.:bigsmile:

I am not going to the parade, but if anyone is, have a wonderful time. For the rest of us...let's take advantage of the sunshine. I am going to get my doggies out early for a walk and then try to go on a hike on my own early before it is too warm.

Don't forget the sunscreen everybody. :flowerforyou: No need to ruin the first nice weekend in June with a sunburn:smokin: :smile:
  • dawnna76

Don't forget the sunscreen everybody. :flowerforyou: No need to ruin the first nice weekend in June with a sunburn:smokin: :smile:

sunscreen = FAIL! I put some on and started laying sod in my backyard. got hot took off that shirt so just had a tank top on and forgot to reapply. not pretty!
  • weaklink109

sunscreen = FAIL! I put some on and started laying sod in my backyard. got hot took off that shirt so just had a tank top on and forgot to reapply. not pretty!

Ooops!! Sorry that happened. Do you now have racing stripes? :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hey it could be worse, you could be moldy because it was still raining.:ohwell:
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    I live just north of Seattle, kind of in the Lynnwood/Mountlake Terrace area. I have been so cold and wet after my soccer games the last few weeks... now tomorrow's game I'm going to roast! :)
  • weaklink109
    I live just north of Seattle, kind of in the Lynnwood/Mountlake Terrace area. I have been so cold and wet after my soccer games the last few weeks... now tomorrow's game I'm going to roast! :)

Better "roast" than "rust". right?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was wonderful down here in the Portland/Vancouver area today. My car temp sensor said 85 about an hour ago. Felt wonderful. Even my doggies seemed to be excited about finally getting some sun today.

BTW, if it helps any, I don't think it is going to be as warm on Sunday as it was today, down here, so maybe that will be true up north as well, and you won't "roast" as much as you expected.:flowerforyou:
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member

Ooops!! Sorry that happened. Do you now have racing stripes? :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hey it could be worse, you could be moldy because it was still raining.:ohwell:

Heh, my daughter was helping out at a car wash fund raiser. She practically gave me an *eye roll* over the phone when I told her not to forget to use sun screen. Needless to say, I was applying aloe vera lotion on her shoulders last night. My turn for an *eye roll*
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Hello! I am in Lynnwood (WA). I am new to MFP, just joined a couple of days ago. If you know any good places for walking, let me know! There is not much place for walking in my neighborhood. So far I have used McCollumn Park's track around the field. I will probably walk around Green Lake once a week...
  • dawnna76
  • dawnna76
    okay so alittle late here, hope everyone had a gerat weekend. It was strawberry festival weekend here in Marysville so the familyand I all hit the parade last night. so much fun! the weather even was nice. Not so much today however. Happy Soggy Fathers day to all our dads out there!
  • OlenaS
    dawnna - thank you for these suggestions. I was curious about Everett waterfront, I heard it was a nice area but did not know if it had a trail-type spot for walking/running. I will have to try it. Thank you for the other suggestions, I will check them out. I am just starting out, so only walking for now, but hope to work myself up to running, too.
  • dawnna76
    they just redid all the sidewalks down there and it huge gorgeous and smooth! Love it! from the marina to the bridge going north its just shy of 2 miles. Its a nice walk and you can see the water at most points (some business block the view in spots) Maybe I could meet you down there some weekend. We have a boat we moore at the marina so I am down there most sunny weekends! Also if you go on a Sunday during the summer there is a great little farmers market there with all sorts of crafts, flowers and other oddities.

the trails like the centenial and inturban are really nice too cause they take you away from traffic and ts more of a nature like trail in the middle of the city so its really peaceful.
  • OlenaS
    Sounds great. I definitely need to make it out there.
This discussion has been closed.