trying this again today

Options

I decided to change my lifestyle 2 months ago. I am diabetic. Have had type 2 diabetes for 11 years. I quit smoking, quit drinking pop, stopped eating out everyday, sometimes twice a day, started working out at a gym and when i'm not going to the gym I have been walking between 2-3 miles per day. I go to the gym 3 days walk 3 days and rest 1 day. When at the gym I walk 2 miles at 3.5 on treadmill and then I do weight machines/lifting.

When I weighed myself on Oct.19th I weighed 165 lbs. so I am overweight. I am 5'5" tall. I would like to get to a normal weight which I was told would be between 125-150. So Im making small goals for myself. I know most people when trying to quit smoking gain weight, so I guess I should be realising this, but i've noticed I haven't gained any weight in the 2 months that I quit smoking, but on the other side of it. I haven't lost weight either. So I found this site going to chart my calories and see if there is any more that I can do.

But I would like friends to go through this with. We can support each other and talk and help one another. If interested please send me a friend request?

Replies

• barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Feel free to add me. You've done a fantastic job so far by quitting smoking, so give it time and the weight will come off. You are working out so am sure you are losing fat and building muscle so why not try taking measurements too, you might find even if the scale isn't moving you are losing inches?
  • Life4Better
    Options
    I will send you an invite, thanks and I once tried to take measurements and often got depressed because I couldn't measure in the same place so I wasn't seeing any change. But my clothing hasn't changed any, from what I can see