What was the first concert you ever went to... and when (IF you can remember)

Options

Replies

• ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    BOC - Toledo Sports Arena (1983ish)
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Boyz II Men in 1995. I was 15 and my cool older cousin took me. I was in row 10 and thought I was so awesome!!
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Manson in 2000 (?) maybe 2001 at the Hammerstein ballroom in NY. I won the tickets off of 93 K rock. I was the 93rd caller, woot!

And it was freaking awesome by the way B)
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    1984 Sting at the Greek in Hollywood...Front row and center...right next to Grace Jones and her lovely girlfriend....
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Amy Grant, Straight Ahead Tour, 1984.
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Macstraw wrote: »
    May 9, 1981 Grateful Dead @ Nassau Coliseum - first of MANY concerts. Leaving in a little while to see the Allman Brothers at the Beacon Theater, one of their last 6 shows ever.....

Bump. Because I like Macstraw's taste.

Can't swear which concert was my first, but either Bob Seger or Roxy Music.

Beat you by a few years on GD, though, Macstraw -- was lucky enough to see Keith and Donna. But '81 was a very good year. Hope you enjoyed that Beacon show!

:smile: :smile: :smile:
  • golgoroo
    golgoroo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Depeche Mode, 1984 at Red Rocks in Colorado
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Ozzy Osbourne/Type-O Negative/Henry Rollins in 1994. It was epic at 13 years old.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    neil diamond with my mom. i think i was maybe... 10ish so the mid 90s. they had a laser light show during jonathan livingston seagull, and i was fascinated!
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    my first concert was a band callled H.I.M.... my gf at the time was a fan, the opening band Paradise Lost were good though. Im a long time fan of them.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Bon Jovi and Skid Row. NH, 88 or 89.
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Soundgarden, 1996... the summer before I started college. I've seen Chris Cornell several times since then (with Audioslave & solo)... he never disappoints
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Linkin Park, 2003. My mum surprised me with tickets on the concert day itself, after my dad kept refusing to get them for me.
  • thedaydreamer92
    thedaydreamer92 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Avenged Sevenfold w/ Deftones and Ghost B.C. - October 13th, 2014 at Joe Louis arena in Detroit, MI

I had to go to a rock concert for one of my college courses and write a paper about it.
  • RetiredNavy_CT
    RetiredNavy_CT Posts: 71 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    AC/DC - 1983
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I saw Elvis in concert in 1973 (?). That was my first concert and I was 11 years old. 40 years later, I still remember it vividly. When he walked onstage, the people went CRAZY. Like a deity had just appeared.

I wish I could have been at an Elvis concert. My sister had the chance but my mom said no. At that concert Elvis threw out his scarf and my sister's friend caught it and she cut it in half and shared it with the girl she took instead of my sister. My first concert I only went to because a friend begged me to and it was New Kids on the Block. How sad that it ended up being my only concert.
  • JeffMeehan
    JeffMeehan Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Motorhead - 1980
  • Motoman02
    Motoman02 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Crosby Stills Nash and Young in Toronto
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I had to go to a rock concert for one of my college courses and write a paper about it.

I went to concerts instead of some of my college courses.

The times they are a-changing. I mean have a-changed. A whole lot. (You probably studied those lines in your Ancient Music course :smile: )