Pay for your pounds.

Options
That1Chick_Brit
That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
I wanted to post this while I was thinking about it. I don't know if anyone does or has done this, but I saw a nice way to reward yourself even more for your hard work. Make a weight loss tip jar. Add a dollar in the jar for every pound you lose. When you hit your target or goal, spend the money on something nice for yourself. :) I am going to make one today

Replies

• maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I do this too! I also add a dollar for every inch I lose, every mile I run and every day I complete my diary and am under my calorie goal. I think of it as a way of putting aside money to buy my new wardrobe when I reach my goal! :smile:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm doing something kind of similar. I'm going to be donating the money to the domestic violence shelter here.

Also, I'm going to take the total weight I've lost, but that weight in food and donate that to our local food bank.
  • IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I did something similar for the first 30kg lost. I donated 10kn for every kg to a pet rescue organisation. I will probably do the same once I reach goal weight.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Those are all great ideas! I think I may add more to my jar also.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Wow I love your ideas! That's a great way to get on track and stay on track! I should try that. Losing weight is really hard but keeping it off is a whole other challenge!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I wanted to post this while I was thinking about it. I don't know if anyone does or has done this, but I saw a nice way to reward yourself even more for your hard work. Make a weight loss tip jar. Add a dollar in the jar for every pound you lose. When you hit your target or goal, spend the money on something nice for yourself. :) I am going to make one today
    I remember seeing a photo at one point but never started...wish I had from the beginning but am sure glad you shared it again in a thread. Cheers for lots of $$$ in our jars!! ;o)

Loving the variety of donations others of you have shared... ha, the food bank, how perfect. Any organization would be thrilled to be helped out... what great ideas!!!! <3o:)
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I thought about doing the reverse and everytime I DON'T lose weight I have to add money to a jar.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I thought about doing the reverse and everytime I DON'T lose weight I have to add money to a jar.

i think that would have a negative effect. everytime you walk past that jar, it would remind you of a failure and not a success.

walk by the jar with happy thoughts.

or, send your weight gain penalty money to me so that you wont be able to see it ;)