any diet suggestions

Options
kangaroux92
kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
i think ive been doing good, but im open to suggestions. need to stop having pancakes as sweet craving. and i think i definitely need to work in some more veggies.

Replies

• Lian98
    Lian98 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you are already familiar with the flour-less pancakes with a banana and 2 egg. You could try adding veggies to anything you cook. That helps me :-) For example: scrambled eggs with veggies, baked chicken and veggies, grilled shrimp and veggies, stuffed bell peppers with veggies, veggie stirfry (will minimal oil), veggie kebabs, steamed veggies, cauliflower faux-taters, and the list goes on and on and on!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Prepare more of your own food. Get a food scale and use it. The more accurate your diary the more likely you'll see results on the scale.

Yum - pancakes are delicious!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth and need protein for breakfast to help me stay full longer. I used to eat high sugar cereal. No more. Greek Yogurt gives me both protein & sweetness. I look for a moderate sugar yogurt. If you want fiber, throw in some Kashi Go Lean or Grapenuts.

Lunch, I include a serving of veggies always. I can bring snacky type things....carrot sticks, celery, snap peas, pepper strips. Some days I do cooked veggies. At work I keep a Glad SteamFresh bag in my desk. I can cook fresh green beans in 4:30. A small salad works well with a sandwich.

Dinner - I can add frozen veggies to soups and casseroles. Make some oven roasted veggies. Stir frys are a great way to add more veggies.
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice. i used to hate oatmeal but now i love having it every morning, and the only fruits i eat are banana and watermelon on occasion. lunch is always what gets me i try to bring dinner leftovers but when i don't have that im always stumped on what to eat. and i hate cooking because of all the clean up blah. i feel like my body needs more greens i love greens but never eat then dont know why.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sorry but why are you eliminating anything? There is noting wrong with pancakes.