Feeling disgusting and disgusted

Options
I had a HORRIBLE day today. I started out good with a serving of oatmeal for breakfast. Lunch came and my husband and I went out to eat. I got a caesar salad, thinking it would be 500 calories. Not great, but it had no chicken on it and figured that if I did good the rest of the day, I would be alright. Well, we got an appetizer, and I had half of it. When I got home I put in the salad, and it alone was 800 calories! So with the appetizer, I was definitely way over already.

I had a snack of chips and salsa, and then dinner rolls around and my aunt wants to take my husband and I out to a greek restaurant. I ended up getting a greek lasagna. Lets just say I am well over 2000 calories today and I feel so gross. I never go over 1200 and with exercise, I am usually under. I did get out and walk, but burning 200 calories really doesnt matter much when I was so bad all day,,.and over 100 grams of fat?!?!?! holy CRAP!!!!!

I hate this feeling. I hate knowing I did so poorly, especially when I was FINALLY down a half pound after 5 months!

Any advice? Should I be feeling so bad about myself?

Replies

• fightthesunrise
    Options
    The great thing about this? There's always tomorrow to be good! :wink:

Don't be so hard on yourself, even though I know it's more easily said than done. I'm sure you'll be fine after a few days of kicking butt! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Honestly it was just one day out of how many great days? As long as this doesn't become a habit, everyone deserves to indulge occassionally. I say drink a bunch of water and forget about it
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Let it go.... Did you enjoy the meal? What a nice thing to have a date with your hubby and was it great to be with your aunt?? Sometimes in life these days will come.. Our whole life is about family, friends and food. Just think of the time you had with people you love and a meal you loved but tomorrow is always only 24 hours away and a brand new day for a brand new start... Best wishes! Kathy:wink:
  • Delikatz
    Delikatz Posts: 16
    Options
    We all have bad days, but that is all it is, a DAY. Stay focused on your goals and take it all in baby steps, as you know we didn't get to this point in one day, and we won't fix it in one day. Tomorrow is another chance at being the person you know you can be. Keep us posted, I know you can do it !!!
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    ah, I am sure that almost everyone can say they have had the same type of days. This is why we wake up to a new day.To start fresh. No, I don't think you should not be too hard on yourself. Eating healthy and losing weight has to fit in with your daily life. We are going to go out and pick something off a menu that doesn't fit in with our calorie goal. It is going to happen, no way around it. However, if tomorrow you wake up and want to do a few extra minutes on the treadmill or a couple extra push ups, that would be ok. :) Sometimes we have to punish ourselves through our workouts just a bit after a splurge, even if we don't know it is going to be a "splurge"! I do hope and pray that tomorrow will be another day on the journey of happiness and health.
  • MarieS1967
    MarieS1967 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok, it was a bad day! Life sometimes happens. Learn from the choices you made and remember how awful you felt after the meal.

The important thing is to regroup and start fresh tomorrow! Try to get an extra 10 minutes of exercise each day.

Good Luck and you can do this!
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    No way! Everyone deserves to pig out sometimes :) I just did that at dinner with my dad tonight. And honestly....one day is absolutely not going to kill you. In the grand scheme of things, it matters so little. Just don't use it (and your down feelings) as an excuse to binge...just allow yourself to have the day, accept it, and move on. You are doing great! Make sure you let yourself enjoy it sometimes! (But not too often!)
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    This is what I love about this site, you come on to complain about the day you had, and how many members came on after you to lift you up!!!!!!

Thank you to all of you who came on here to life her spirts - Job Well Done!!!!!!!!:drinker:

Ditto of what everyone else had to say!!!!! You are on here trying to make you a better you and you are doing a great job of it.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    You've done such a great job, welcoming new changes into your life style, don't ever lose sight of the fact that you can't push out things for the rest of your life. You're doing this for you. So, feel good about it, good or bad these choices we make can't go away, it's better to accept today for what it was, enjoy it with a smile and go to bed happy. Negative energy can act like eating badly if we hang onto it for too long. You're doing it all right, so keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • c2mr5721
    c2mr5721 Posts: 29
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I was over today also, by about 300, but just take it in stride. Tomorrow is a new day, we'll get up dust ourselves up and start all over again.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. You all really did lift my spirits up and make me realize one day is not the end of the world, I jsut worked 5 months to get half a pound off, and the day after, I pig out. figures, eh?

I just punished myself with 30 minutes on the eliptical. I figured -700 calories was better than -1000.