1st day

My name is Peggy and this is my 1st day on myfitnesspal. I have never been very good on tracking my foods and I deperately need to lose weight. I am hoping this app will make it easier for me to track my calorie intake and get inspiration from other members. Wish me luck!

Replies

• scarlettsmom2013
    scarlettsmom2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Good luck!!!! This is my first day back after a year and having my son 6wks ago. Time to lose this baby weight.
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Good Luck Peggie, and @scarlettsmom2 Congratulations on the birth of your son!
    I am still pretty new, and trying to figure it all out again.
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Happy to help in any way I can. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • radcas11
    radcas11 Posts: 76 Member
    Well just using this app is a great step in the right direction. Stick to it! It has worked wonders for me!
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    pwells3007 wrote: »
    My name is Peggy and this is my 1st day on myfitnesspal. I have never been very good on tracking my foods and I deperately need to lose weight. I am hoping this app will make it easier for me to track my calorie intake and get inspiration from other members. Wish me luck!

If you want some advice, pick a day, and go through everything you have in your cupboards, fridge, freezer, and scan all the barcodes, and check all the foods in your mfp list to the packages so you know they are all right.

Then you can plan your meals ahead, so if your over calorie on one combo, it easy then to remove one and try another, till your happy with what you want to eat each day.

Dieting is like baking a cake, unless you do your prep work first and measure things spot on perfect, it never going to turn out right.

best of luck huggz
  • frymom3
    frymom3 Posts: 6 Member
    Congratulations on getting started. The calorie diary is the best tool. You will be surprised how many calories are actually in stuff. It helps me stay on track.