Replies

• hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    For fall and winter, I have one great habit I do. I look up soup recipes and I make a different one every weekend. Then I freeze the majority for lunches. Pair with a salad or some veggies, lunch is done! For instance right now in my freezer I still have remains from the spring. Kale and sausage soup, Cabbage meatball, and Paleo Spinach artichoke.

I also use a lot of dinner leftovers, I intentionally make more than I need. If you need inspiration Pinterest is the place to be!
  • VCopple
    VCopple Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner tonight, and it was fabulous. It was simple, and the crock pot did all the work for me. http://myfavoritethings-miranda.blogspot.com/2012/04/easy-slow-cooker-split-pea-and-ham-soup.html?m=1. I added extra celery and carrots.

It is also full of veggies and ham, so low carb and super filling. 1 cup is about 200 calories. I am taking it for lunch tomorrow.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    ~shrimp and avocado salad
    ~grilled chicken with mango
    ~cheese burger with no bun
    ~turkey and hummus lettuce wraps
    ~meat balls
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like to mix up one of the Starkist tuna creations tuna pouches (I like garlic & herb) with some broccoli florets or asparagus and nuke it for a few minutes (I just use the "reheat" selection on my microwave.) It's super yummy!! If you use the low carb wraps those are great filled with turkey, cheese and veggies.
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Those that like omelets check out the south beach veggie quiche cups to go recipe. I make those and freeze them and they are great. I use Southwest flavor egg beaters, green pepper, onion and fresh baby spinach and some mexican cheese and bake it in muffin tins.