Does IBS bloating make you weigh more?

My weight has stopped going down, but I've been bloated for a few weeks now and I'm wondering if it's because of that. Don't understand anything about what bloat really is though, so how realistic is that possibility?

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    I have IBS and I do find during a "flare" I tend to weigh more due to my water and bloating. It eventually comes off if I give my system a rest for a while after a flare. Good luck!
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    I have IBS and I do find during a "flare" I tend to weigh more due to my water and bloating. It eventually comes off if I give my system a rest for a while after a flare. Good luck!
    ditto.

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Its water weight!!! You can bloat from anything - Too much fibre in your diet, dairy, gluten/wheat, too much salt etc.

For you to help with the bloating I would drink lots and lots of water

Green tea & peppermint tea are great for this too!!

Search bloating herbal teas...!!

Probiotics are good too
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    2013sk wrote: »
    Its water weight!!! You can bloat from anything - Too much fibre in your diet, dairy, gluten/wheat, too much salt etc.

For you to help with the bloating I would drink lots and lots of water

Green tea & peppermint tea are great for this too!!

Search bloating herbal teas...!!

Probiotics are good too

^^^^ all of this!!!!! I find fiber and I do not agree and sometimes my body and gluten do not as well....For me there are lots of factors. Try tracking your flares, it can help!