Crockpot pork tenderloin recipes?

Options
Cardio4Cupcakes
Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
Getting kind of tired of the standard BBQ, I like to shred it up and just eat it bunless so give me a good spice or marinade recipe/ product you know!

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Do you mean pork loin, or tenderloin? I've never heard of anyone shredding tenderloin.

I usually use store bought sauces for pulled pork - I love Buffalo Wild Wings Caribbean Jerk sauce, and sometimes I use a Kung Pao sauce. Or, if I want it really spicy, I like Moonshine Madness bbq sauce.I
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup/60 mL paprika
    2 tablespoons/30 mL salt
    2 tablespoons/30 mL sugar
    2 tablespoons/30 mL brown sugar
    2 tablespoons/30 mL ground cumin
    2 tablespoons/30 mL chili powder
    2 tablespoons/30 mL freshly ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon/15 mL cayenne pepper

Pat dry your butt, picnic, shoulder, loin, whatever cut you got.
    Rub. Cover in foil and place in fridge overnight.
    Cook on low in CrockPot (fat cap up). No water or sauce needed. Time will depend on your cut. Boneless ~4-6 hours, bone-in ~8 or more for larger cuts.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Tenderloin shouldn't go in the slow cooker. I sear mine in a cast iron pan and then finish it in the over at 425 to 450 F.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    nilbogger wrote: »
    Tenderloin shouldn't go in the slow cooker. I sear mine in a cast iron pan and then finish it in the over at 425 to 450 F.

It's okay in the slow cooker if you don't overcook it. I sometimes sear it in a pan, then deglaze the pan with some stock and add that to the slow cooker with a mix of root vegetables and butternut squash. Let that slow cook for a while, then add the tenderloin back in just to temp. It's delicious!
  • Life4Better
    Options
    I love lemon pepper seasoning, and I think it is really good on pork, chicken and fish
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Cook your pork in 1/4 C cherry vinegar and water to almost cover. After it's cooked forever, ( :) shredd the pork, put it back in the now dry crock pot, and another 1/4 C. cherry vinegar, and 1 to 2 jars of black sweet cherry jam. Mix it up real well, make sure it all gets hot, and enjoy. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Tenderloins are terrible in the crock pot. If you slice it and marinade it in the morning, come suppertime those slices can be sautéed in about 5 minutes. 10, if you bake them in the oven. Lots of marinades of seasonings. Asian marinades are great, and go well with steamed rice. I've got this German spice rub that makes great pan seared meats. You could mix with Italian seasoning, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Bake in the evening, top with marinara, serve with linguine in olive oil, and broccoli or my fave, asparagus. Heaven.

But not the crockpot.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Sorry, it is just a pork loin. Like a big hunk of meat lol.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    1 2-3 pound boneless pork tenderloin
    1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
    ½ cup balsamic vinegar
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 tablespoon honey
    ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    Instructions
    Place pork tenderloin into the insert of your slow cooker. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over pork and set the timer for your slow cooker. (4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low)
    Once pork tenderloin has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle the sauce
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We love making a mexican type pork tenderlion in the crock pot for tacos. Just add a little bit of water, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Cook on low for 6 or so hours. Shred it up in the crock pot to let it soak up some of the juices and use it to fill flour or corn tortillas, then top with your favorite taco toppings.
  • ECfromSJ
    ECfromSJ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    trijoe wrote: »
    I've got this German spice rub that makes great pan seared meats

Trijoe, could you post more details? Is this something you mix up yourself, or a product you buy?
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I like it with a small can of crushed pineapple, a couple TBSP of low sodium soy sauce and 1/4-1/2 cup of brown sugar(don't judge me, but I use the Splenda Brown Sugar). So yum. I serve it over very thinly sliced red, green and yellow bell peppers.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I got an awesome recipe from my fav Youtube guru, Laura Vitale.

Here's her video for pork loin. I made it once and holy moly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiWC0OT9Vg8

I've tried it on chicken too, and it's just as awesome.
  • 1reneeski
    1reneeski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Best crockpot recipe for Pork Tenderloin

Put your tenderloin in the crockpot, juices from the bag too. Sprinkle rosemary, black pepper, I also put garlic salt and onion seasoning but that is up to you. Add water until it is completely covered--this will be your juice also when it is done so be sure to cover it. Cook on high 4-5 hours. When it's done, use a fork to shred it, it will shred like butter. We put it on a whole wheat bun with ketchup. First I use the juice from the pot and spoon it into the bun, it's very juicy and delicious! One of my favorites!

Hope you like it, very easy---enjoy!
  • 1reneeski
    1reneeski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ps. The crockpot is the ONLY way I cook my pork tenderloin. If you do it right, it comes out the best!!