3rd day without sweets...

Options
13»

Replies

• stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good job! I decided a while back I was going to stop drinking pop for a while. Even though I was drinking diet I was consuming up to 120ish oz per day which I didn't figure could be good for me. I just quit cold turkey and it's now been 79 days. I'm not swearing it off by any means but the desire to drink it is just gone at least for now. Keep up the good work!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Good job! I decided a while back I was going to stop drinking pop for a while. Even though I was drinking diet I was consuming up to 120ish oz per day which I didn't figure could be good for me. I just quit cold turkey and it's now been 79 days. I'm not swearing it off by any means but the desire to drink it is just gone at least for now. Keep up the good work!

I stopped drinking soda about nine years ago.

That said, I don't pretend like it is an essential element of weight loss/health or suggest that others must/should do the same for optimal results. It's just something that I decided I could do away with...and bonus: it makes room for more delicious foods.

But I also didn't cut out all sugars/added sugars/carbs/etc. because that way lies madness. It simply doesn't have to be all or none...and even if it is, the extremes aren't necessarily optimal.

(Wait. What topic am I in? When you put the reply in a new tab/window, there is absolutely no indication of the topic...not even in the URL...unless you just happen to remember what post 10009136 was. Yet another change that I guess we will all just need to get used to.)
  • Fruitylicious03
    Fruitylicious03 Posts: 301
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    But I also didn't cut out all sugars/added sugars/carbs/etc. because that way lies madness. It simply doesn't have to be all or none...and even if it is, the extremes aren't necessarily optimal.

I agree. I'm not cutting it out just limiting it for a little while until I learn moderation again. :)