9 pounds in 9 weeks?

Do you think I can lose nine pounds in nine weeks? Let me clarify, I've been on this journey since March 1 of this year. There
have been weeks when I haven't lost anything and weeks where the weight has melted off. For a variety of reasons, I'd like to reach my goal by the end of the year. Do you think it's possible or just unrealistic?

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Of course it is possible! 1lb a week is certainly doable if you are consistent. Good luck!
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Thanks! Over the summer it took me close to three months to lose ten pounds, which is why I am not sure how fast I can lose the last nine. My approach has been rather slow and steady but now I'd like to get to goal a little faster!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    "Close to three months to lose 10 lbs." IS about a pound a week! You can do it. :)
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Haha I guess you're right! Thanks for the encouragement. :D
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Absolutely. One pound per week is actually ideal for weight loss. Some weeks you may lose more and some less... But an average of 1 pound a week is completely doable. :)
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Definitely :) I'm in a similar situation to you - some weeks the pounds have dropped off, others I haven't lost anything, but overall I've lost about 1lb a week and it sounds like you have too! Plus that's a great pace of loss for keeping it off. Good luck!!
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    You definitely can do it! I joined a Summer Slim Down group on Facebook in July and averaged 1.8 lbs per week. We just started another group if you are interested in finding out more about it, please message me. ankdworak
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    I've been aiming at 1lb per week drop. Having a 500 calorie deficit a day. It's very easy to manage and it does work. Some weeks I will stay the same but then the next week I drop two. So don't beat yourself up if you don't drop a pound each week. The next week might surprise you ;) Good luck!!!