Your Biggest Weight Loss Struggle?

Options

Replies

• prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    As part of my weight loss strategy I have taken up running (I love it). But I have a lot of niggling injuries because I am old and heavy, I have real difficulty waiting to heal properly before going out and running again and then making the slight pull a lot worse.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Feeling overwhelmed by the amount of weight i have to lose - which is why my ticker only shows 10% increments. In reality, I still have 100lbs to lose and when I allow myself to think about it, it seems so overwhelming. I try not to focus on the # on the scale, but it's hard not to sometimes. I've told myself from the start it will be a year before i get where I need to be but the reality of that is daunting.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    For me it's 2 things:

Cheese. I love cheese. I am a cheese addict. I would give up chocolate before I'd give up cheese.

Alcohol. Beer, wine, vodka. Simply having a drink or two adds up to so many empty calories.

So, I exercise daily - ideally at least 300 calories worth, so I can have that small glass of wine, or cheese and crackers, or both. And still lose weight.

I'm really looking forward to maintenance, so I'll have more calories to spend on cheese & booze.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    My biggest weight loss struggle is simply that no matter how many calories I stick to and how much exercise I do I simply cannot lose weight :(
  • redrosepink09
    Options
    I suffer with really bad binge eating. And when I get depressed or anxious.. I will eat EVERYTHING that is in the house. Trying to control that has been my stuggle.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Maintaining... so far, so good with MFP.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Being lazy when it comes to exercising.
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Exercise is one, as I hate it. But I can still sneak it on, and most of weight loss is about diet anyway.

My no 1 is alcohol. It just feels ****ty not to have wine, or limiting to ONE glass, which is even worse.. I get bad cravings for cheese and pasta, but I can usually control it and compromise, i.e. have a tbsp of parmesan on my food or a little bit of blue cheese. I have a small portion of wholewheat noodles with dinner rather than regular pasta.

I usually get a salad for lunch, and sometimes my coworkers get these delicious cheesy sandwiches (from a deli shop, best in town). The salad doesn't make me full and last time my boss ate half her sandwich and gave me the rest. It was absolutely delicious and screwed up my calorie intake.

If you have a "whole day of binge", that's really about self control. Try to at least start the day off healthy. Eating ONE unhealthy thing can be a "slip" but eating junk food the entire day is a conscious choice.
  • KhalanAmnell
    KhalanAmnell Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    mine was alcohol... now it's lack of energy to work out (i'm disabled & very ill)

this is a post i did elsewhere. i used it to quit soda, then alcohol, then brownies.
    maybe others will be helped by it...

QUITTING SODA TRICK:
    this worked for me
    was my son's idea (you'll see why, lol)

so i used to put $2 in a jar everytime i didn't drink the soda i'd normally have had
    when it got to a certain amount i would spend it
    but that stopped working
    so here's what i did thanks to my son shawn:

Every time I had a soda I paid HIM $2 (once a week on fridays).
    I don't get that money back, either!
    After a while handing over $20 or more i said "i never woulda bought that many all week out to eat! too much money!!"
    after a while i drank MUCH less so i could 'afford it'.
    NOW i NEVER drink it. i got tired of paying & once i drank so LITTLE, i just didn't care about it no more...

CARIN
  • jwhitch
    jwhitch Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    chocolate. I can be doing great all day, and then go to the store and can't stop myself from grabbing a candy bar. I hate myself after wards.

this!
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Weekends.
    Little Debbies in my kitchen drawer that my family has to stock up on.
    Cookie jar on top of my families refrigerator.
    And people saying you can't be skinny because you are big boned.
    You will gain it all back.
    Getting back on track when I went on a binge and not throwing in the towel just saying I am perfectly imperfect and accept my humanity.
  • katslosingit
    katslosingit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mine is, I love to eat and I hate to exercise...a very bad combination.
  • jimbo2180
    jimbo2180 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Consistency is my biggest struggle.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Vino......

But then again I'm on maintenance, I'm allowed too.
  • wisher40
    wisher40 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle is the fact that I hang out with my boyfriend and his male friends all the time. They are my basic friend group, and none of them really care about what they eat. It's constant pizza, pasta, junk food, etc. I usually compensate by saving calories so I can eat with them, or I bring something else to eat, but the temptation is pretty bad sometimes!
  • beautifuldiskize
    Options
    Late night binging. My son falls asleep and I get online to do my blogging or I sit and relax with a book or tv and I just want to eat eat eat :(
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Dealing with ovaries and estrogen. I'm in a 3 week, yo-yo, gain/lose the same 2# despite burning more than I eat (around 500ish, if Fitbit is anything to go by). It just pisses me off to be doing the "right" things and have nothing to show for it. I'm hoping this is part of the 'every 4 months my ovaries are going to f**k with my weight and drive me batty' trend and not that I'm really eating at maintenance, which would make Fitbit a liar.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    PORTION CONTROL!!!!!!!!!
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Patience, wine and gummy bears...
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options