Shooting in Parliament in Ottawa

2»

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    saivalis wrote: »
    There was also a guy arrested in Montreal yesterday for driving his car into 2 soliders!

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/newsalert-one-2-soldiers-struck-car-dies-injuries-102246926.html

In Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, actually, which is about 40km from Montreal on the south shore.

The media is going to speculate like crazy that there's a link between him and today's incidents (and also last weekend's shootings in Chambly) but until there's any evidence to indicate that, I think it's irresponsible to jump to conclusions. Conspiracy theories don't help anyone and just instill panic.
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Sadly, the soldier has died ... :'( feeling sad for the family
  • segacs
    Yes, it's now been confirmed that the soldier has died. One suspect is also confirmed dead. No other news just yet.
  • fat2burn2014
    fat2burn2014 Posts: 198 Member
    Hard to believe. We in Canada have been pretty much immune to this type of activity. A sad day indeed. Remembrance Day is coming up. Please attend a service in your community and please educate your children.
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    My heart is saddened by this. Our local MP was in the building and thankfully was safe. Today in the city of Halifax NS there were reports of a gunman running around in the downtown area and our city is on lock down. Soldiers are instructed to not wear uniforms. I am sure all of Canada is feeling very uneasy but we are strong and will not be intimidated.
  • segacs
    Very moving speeches and ceremony from Parliament Hill this morning, and at the National War Memorial.