How to motivate myself? also from technology side?

im having problems with logging consistently. I want to track my food intake but I just can't find myself to adhere to this everyday. What motivates/would motivate you to use the app? Also, do you think if there could be other features in the app that could help with this?

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    it was the end result that help me keep going. i alternate between the app and the website. I dont think the developers could develop anything further to motivate. This really has to come from the individual to keep going.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    You're either all in or you are not. I logged everything for six months and lost the weight (50 pounds) that I wanted to lose. I stopped logging when I felt that I had retrained myself to my new lifestyle, still maintaining.
  • eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    what motivates ME to keep logging is the fact that when I DO the scale moves to lower numbers.

When I DO NOT LOG, my scale moves to BIGGER numbers - and because I got rid of all my smaller clothes I MUST at lest keep from gaining, and prefer to be a LOSER :smiley:
  • misswhitney1
    misswhitney1 Posts: 72 Member
    I have a "chore chart" that's not related to weight loss, but has other things I value on it, like walking the dog 2x per day, cleaning 15 minutes a day, not eating added sugar, etc. I put logging into MFP on there for the time being as well. I get points for every thing I do daily, and am rewarded with Popcorn (on a regular week) or sushi (on a STELLAR week. Haven't gotten there yet). Logging on the MFP is the easiest point I get.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I take pictures of my food instead. Even if it's Ramen. Keeps me mindful.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    If you know what you will be eating pre log. It takes some of the drudgery out. I could probably pre log breakfast and most of my dinners for a week.