INSANITY workout

Options
Hey all. I have ordered my Insanity videos. Can anyone whose done it tell me what to expect?

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    You can expect a very intense workout!!!

Do it at your own pace
    Do not be afraid to eat the calorie intake it tells you to in the nutrition guide (You have to EAT)
    Wear proper shoes (cross trainers)
    Take as many breaks as you need to
    Drink plenty of water

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »

Do it at your own pace
    Do not be afraid to eat the calorie intake it tells you to in the nutrition guide (You have to EAT)
    Drink plenty of water

What she said
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Expect to be out of breath and take way more breaks at first than they allow for in the videos, but that's OK. You'll get better.

Also expect some soreness in your joints, particularly your knees. Take extra rest days if that gets too bad.

I've completed two rounds and now am alternating between T25 Gamma round and Insanity for a third time every other day. I have almost no knee issue anymore which leads me to believe that the knee issues people talk about are caused more by weak knees than bad knees. In most people anyway... YMMV.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Do it at your own pace
    Drink plenty of water

+1 to all of this

Also, don't expect to lose a ton of weight. You might, but I didn't and I've read about a lot of others who don't. My strength and stamina increased each week, and I saw some great results in changes to how I looked.

Good luck, enjoy, and don't give up! :)

• InsanityForMe
    InsanityForMe Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Do it at your own pace
    Drink plenty of water

This is perfect advice! I love the Insanity workouts. It changed my body in so many ways.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Expect to die!

I love Shaun t!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

Do it at your own pace
    Drink plenty of water

+1 to all of this

Also, don't expect to lose a ton of weight. You might, but I didn't and I've read about a lot of others who don't. My strength and stamina increased each week, and I saw some great results in changes to how I looked.

Good luck, enjoy, and don't give up! :)

Yesss this also!! I didn't lose weight at all. I did however lose inches. Many people may not lose weight the entire program, some may lose a lot in the beginning, but for the most part they say the magic happens in the second month. Do not get discouraged.

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    So glad (not really) to hear others didn't lose a lot of weight, also. I've been stuck for months and was hoping Insanity would help break me out of a long...so very long plateau. My goal wasn't to lose "weight", but to help drop BF% and lean me out. I don't see it, but others have told me they can.
  • Lian98
    Lian98 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My goal (more than anything else) is to be smaller, I don't care that much about the number on the scale. So will I lose inches?
  • liftreadphilosophize
    Options
    Lian98 wrote: »
    My goal (more than anything else) is to be smaller, I don't care that much about the number on the scale. So will I lose inches?

I would make sure to take your measurements, whether or not you also choose to weigh yourself. If you find the right calorie balance and do the workouts, you will lose inches. Don't be discouraged if you gain a tiny bit of size or weight in the first couple weeks - your body will be holding onto water weight to help your muscles recover from the intense new workout regimen. Just keep on keeping on and it will go away. (Same issue happens with new heavy weight lifting, as a matter of fact.)

Side note - have a blast! I love it. I completed the program in full a couple years ago, and now do Insanity a couple times a week, incorporating it into my overall routine. It's still killer and super effective even though I've been doing it for years.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    yes, and to that end, don't weight yourself till its all over. Hope to see a different clothing size by the end. don't get frustrated if you don't see much in the first month, it will catch up to you.