Beer

Options
mirgss
mirgss Posts: 275 Member
Ok, I admit it. My weakness (other than potato chips and chocolate) is alcohol. I like to have a drink most nights. Is that so wrong? According to my body it is. Even when I eat responsibly the whole day, if I have a light beer with dinner, I still feel bloated and fat. According to the scale, I've gained 2 lbs back...it feels like 10! I know the scale is a liar, and my clothes still fit, but it seems like I should be able to have one vice for all the clean eating I do (I really don't eat that many potato chips and don't even have chocolate in the house). Any ideas on how I can have my beer and drink it too? :drinker:

Replies

• funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    have you looked at thoe low calorie beers? i hear they aren't quite the same, but it may be worth the compromise of not putting the weight back on...
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    oooh, that's a tough one - I feel your pain! I found that alcohol was the hardest thing for me to cut down on too. What a bunch of lushes we are on MFP! :drinker: For me, I had to eliminate all weeknight drinks and for the first few weeks on MFP I greatly limited my weekend drinking too. I hope the beer purists won't throw rotten tomatoes at me for this one, but I have discovered Bud Select 55 satisfies that occasional beer craving on a hot sunny day at the beach, and it's only 55 calories! IMO, not too terrible tasting for a light beer, but then again I'm more of a wine/vodka girl...

Are you sure that it's the one light beer at night that's doing it? Are you drinking enough water during the day? If not, your body will hold onto whatever water it can which will cause bloating. Same with sodium - watch that intake as well. I haven't looked at your diary, but it's the quality of food you eat, not just the number of calories, that will make a difference in how you look and more importantly, how you feel. Good luck!
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I suppose this past week has been bad both food and water intake wise. We were on vacation last weekend so maybe that's affecting me now :) I will try your suggestions for a lighter beer....hopefully DF will be amenable :)

Guess I will just have to up my water intake and behave for a few days! Good thing there's no beer left in the fridge! :laugh:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Miller Chelada beer isn't too bad for a light beer. I think its in the neighborhood of 150 cals per bottle? Not too bad. I like it in the hot summer. Not so much in the winter. I see too that Heinekin is making a light version as well. Haven't checked it out yet but most definitely will as that is my favorite summertime beer.
    Tonight for my once a week drink night I will be drinking Ninkasi IPA. If you can find it where you are, you must chug the water and buy one. Totally awesome. The kicker is that they only sell 22 oz though!! I split one with my husband.

Cheers all! Have a great weekend :drinker: