Me...

Options
Hello Everyone,
My name is Debra and I need to lose a total of 100 lbs. I used to be active in the gym and at a healthier weight but the past 7 years have been rough and I put on 80 lbs in a short time and have been too depressed to try to lose this weight. I am a stay at home mom right now and I want to set a healthy example for my daughter. Looking for friends to lose weight with....Good Luck To You All!!!

Replies

• Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. There are some great groups on here! Never give up :smile:
  • Jules0222
    Jules0222 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 30 lbs, which seems daunting. My advise is to tack it 10 lbs at a time, so it feels possible - because it is!!! I also recommend that you try to remember what it felt like to be at your goal weight, imagine yourself there and take it one day at a time. Another piece of advise (if you are open) is to write on a card the reasons why you want to lose the weight. Keep the card with you, read it out several times a day and also when you are considering eating/drinking something you shouldn't. It may help to keep you on track.
  • Jules0222
    Jules0222 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here and don't know how to "friend" anyone. You are welcome to request me as a friend. I will, definitely, accept. All the best!
  • stonegirldancing42
    stonegirldancing42 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Agree w/10lbs at a time. Awesome advice and working on this myself.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.....I'm 44.....5'3"....used to weigh 172lb....got down to 118lb....started lifting and put back on a bit....currently 137lb and I would like to get back to 120lb.....best of luck with your journey....:)
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I'm 47, 5'10', used to weigh 245 and down to 195. Still got a ways to go and can always use friends to help.
  • whitehorse67
    whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I set out with a goal to lose 60lbs, the first 15 went fast!.....then it slowed down a bit. I got discouraged but stuck with my plan. I am down a total of 18 and have 32 to go!

I am sure facing a number like 100lbs to lose can get in your head and seem impossible, but you can do it!....10 pounds at a time....you will love yourself for it!
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Your daughter is lovely! I'm the same age as you and also a mom (though not a SAHM), and I'm always happy to have more friends. I log on daily and am looking to lose around 60 pounds (I've lost 21 so far).