Does whey have any effect on your hormones?

Options
I've been acne-free for about 6 months now, with the occasional small breakout once a month or so. I've also been on a low calorie diet since the beginning of the year.

This week, I've been having a full meal, and whey protein with milk and some fruits blended in for dinner. It's the first time I've had whey in months. Coincidentally, I've been having a slight acne breakout around my upper lips since Monday. They're just small pimples, with some pus, but nothing too disgusting. If I go ahead and pop one, another one right next to it shows up.

It could be due to bad shaving or "stress" or something like that, but I doubt it. From what I've read, acne around the mouth is caused by hormonal imbalance. My question is, could it be that whey is altering my hormones? I know whey is "just food", but to be sure.

PS: I started lifting again 1 month ago, nothing too heavy, if it matters.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It could be the ingredients in your whey. Have you considered that one of the fruits is causing it? Or maybe your toothpaste? Keep a journal and change only one thing at time in order to get a picture of what is happening.