Ordering Skinny Drinks

Options
So today I can officially drink legally Woo! anyways I was just wondering how you would go about ordering "Skinny " drink, like a skinny margarita . Would the bartender laugh if just said "skinny margarita "?

Replies

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd probably stick to spirit & diet mixer. I'm not sure how you would go about even making a 'skinny' margarita, it's only tequila, triple sec and lime juice.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Diet coke and Malibu. Nomnomnom
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd probably stick to spirit & diet mixer. I'm not sure how you would go about even making a 'skinny' margarita, it's only tequila, triple sec and lime juice.

There is a brand of drinks Skinny Girl Margarita. It's just lower proof alcohol so I think kind of silly. Just drink half a regular actual margarita and you get the same alcohol (a nice one, avoid the icky cheapo mixers)

OP if you are talking about the brand you can ask if they carry it. I don't think that would get you laughed at. I think Skinny Girl brand drinks are fairly well known these days?
  • WolverhamptonFitness
    Options
    Diet Coke and JD! LOL
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yeah - lite/diet/slimline mixers are the way to go.
    Vodka and slimline tonic with a slice of lemon. YUM! :smile:
  • misswhitney1
    misswhitney1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bars likely won't carry Skinny Girl Vodka, unless they have specialty cocktails made with them. Try on some regular cocktails that are lower in calories first (Vodka/soda/lime, gin/tonic, etc), before indulging in fancy, high calorie drinks.

If I know I'm going to have a big night out, I start with a clear drink (vodka/soda) and then alternate between club soda and a cocktail throughout the night. You'll drink half as much alcohol, half as many calories, and still have a drink in your hand all night without drawing attention to your healthier choices.
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    there is an app called get drunk not fat. Maybe check that :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Shots or hard liquor with diet something or other, is your best bet.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Diet Cuba Libre baby! White Bacardi rum, diet coke and a slice of lime! 60 calories.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Vodka/Malibu with lots of ice and diet coke & a slice of lime - That's how I like mine anyway!!

I cant do barcardi or gin & tonic........YUCK!

I prefer sweet drinks - I also love Baileys with lots of ice... But wow the calories!!!!!!!!!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Diet Cuba Libre baby! White Bacardi rum, diet coke and a slice of lime! 60 calories.
    fd6bd618260669c0a410e7bfbc52aafc.jpg
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I've seen some places that offer Skinny Margaritas and such, but not many. If you're really concerned, buy a bottle of Mio, order a vodka and water and squirt some Mio it there. That way you cut out the calories in mixers. Or something like rum and diet coke would work. (I'm a vodka person, I wish more places would carry diet Sprite and diet tonic)
  • smelanie504
    Options
    I'm all for skinny cocktails, but if it's really your 21st birthday... maybe you ought to go out and live a little! One day won't kill you, drink something yummy and hop back on the wagon tomorrow. You only turn 21 once! (Just DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE! That's what Uber is for!!)
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the diet tonic--noone carries it, but it would be so much better if they did since it mixes with so many more liquors than regular diet. That and diet ginger. Wiskey ginger is the best!

For skinny margaritas, some bars have them on the menu and typically they're using a diet version of the mixers for the drink. If the bar doesn't have "skinny" cocktails on their menu, then they probably don't have the diet version of the mixers and can't do a skinny margarita.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I order skinny margaritas all the time and don't get funny looks! They just use less sugar. Last time I ordered a drink, I got a double shot of tequila with lemon and lime. I made it at the table- squeezed the lemon and lime, added some Splenda or whatever they had and added a little water. It was good!

Margaritas can have 600+ calories each- yikes!
  • blueyegirl0712
    blueyegirl0712 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    Diet coke and Malibu. Nomnomnom

I need to try that! Sounds delicious!

• kskonkol
    kskonkol Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've done tequilla, diet sprite and splash of lime juice as a skinny/pseudo margarita.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
  • annar298
    annar298 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My to go drink because its less calories is Vodka Tonic with Lime.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    They do make diet Margarita mix. Perhaps the bar would have that?