platteau ?

Options
kangaroux92
kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
well is it considered a plateau when it only been 8 days since you lost?

ive been doing everything basically the same i gained a pound this week, now im back down to 175. only lost 9 pounds its to early for a halt. i miss seeing my scale numbers go down :( i was on a roll but i knew it would keep up like that. a little sad about it, and worried about this weekend im going on a winery tour lots of wine to be consumed, so many calories.

if anyone has any recommend exercise or diets tips, open for it.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's not linear

If you are accurately weighing and logging then it could just be hormones / water retention

A plateau is after 6-8 weeks
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A plateau is generally considered to be something like 4-6+ weeks without a gain or loss while making no changes to your routine. So 8 days wouldn't really count.

Unfortunately weight loss isn't linear and it's very normal to have small stalls or slight gains on the scale. It's the overall downward trend that matters, so try not to let one or two bad weigh ins get you down.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Patience and persistence.
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You gave a clue in your post....doing the same. For me, breaking a plateau has happened when I mix up my exercise. Interval training is a good example. Another thing that has helped me is dropping my carbs intake.
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice any exercise, anyone would recommend.

i try to walk to work and back home 2 days a week 4.4 miles, and the other days i go to the gym. i always start of with walking(3.6) and running (6.0-6.5) intervals, then i do assisted pull ups that counters your weight, 1 put it on 130 do 3 sets of 8 . pathetic but its still really hard, than usually do squats, little free weights, and some ab exercises. i try to do that 3 days week. some people recommend targeting certain areas certain days but i love having routine.