Audiobook recommendations?

Options
2»

Replies

• ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You can also find a lot of free podcasts from iTunes to download and listen to while walking, running or whatever.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If anyone's looking for a good "new" author, try: Robert Galbraith. "He" (it's a pseudonym) writes really good british detective books. The first was "The Cukoo's Calling. http://robert-galbraith.com
    I devoured both books that are out and am now waiting for the third.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    mochapygmy wrote: »
    Based on your interest in Nicholas Sparks I would recommend Jodi Picoult. Janet Evaonovich's Stephanie Plum (number books) are fun. J.D. Robb's futuristic murder mystery series is great.

Based on HP I would suggest the Divergent series.

Have fun!

JD Robb is fun, and overdrive has quite a few of them.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    celestlyn wrote: »
    You can also find a lot of free podcasts from iTunes to download and listen to while walking, running or whatever.
    This is also an excellent idea. What I do here is: if, say, I've read Michael Pollan and he cites Marian Nestle, I'll download a few of her podcasts...
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I listen to podcasts-lots to choose from.

Books- depends on your taste. I like Robin hobb who only tortures her main characters, and George RR Martin who likes to kill them off. Both series very enjoyable. Also a fan of Robert Jordan The Wheel of Time Series. Reading all the above books-about 20 or more-will keep you entertained for a long time. Esp. since books are large-700+ pages for most.