Fasting and dieting advice

Options
Hi guys, I wanted some tips on how i can manage to diet during the fasting month (Ramadan) . I tend to go a little overboard when it comes to eating after a long day of not eating. What can I do?

Replies

• autumnrunning
    autumnrunning Posts: 103
    Options
    drink yourself full: tea, water, flavored water, broth...

have salads or healthy snacks inbetween.

most of all do not let yourself get too hungry, this is what causes all overeating.
  • StormSparks1994
    StormSparks1994 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can't really eat during the day. With fasting I have to eat before and the forgo food for about 12+ inc sleeping during them. I need advice about what I should eat before i start the fast e.g what filling foods should i eat for breakfast
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Don't eat breakfast. That's probably the worst thing to do as breakfast makes a lot of people hungry. Just eat at night when the fast is over.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Most people lose weight over Ramadan because it is a form of intermittent fasting. Eat a great breakfast, with plenty of protein to keep you going through the day. And lots of fluid of course! When you break fast I wouldn't really worry about calories. Just eat a little less of the foods you know are packed full of empty calories, but I wouldn't restrict yourself too much.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    look up intermittent fasting
  • StormSparks1994
    StormSparks1994 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Can you drink during the fasting period? Even just water can go a long way with hunger pangs. After that, it's just about control.

I agree with the IF suggestion. There is a whole dietary approach centered on fasting for 12+ hours.