It changed my caloric intake!

Options
So Ive doing this for about a month now and decided to hop on here and see how many calories it says I will be able to eat when Im in maintain mode. So after that (which by the way is only like 300 calories more than Im able to eat now!!) I put it back...anyway..It changed my daily intake from 1450 to 1420! What on earth??

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Have you lost weight in the past month? If so, a smaller body uses less energy than a larger body. That's why as time goes on and you lose weight, you either need to decrease calories in, increase intensity of working out (to burn more) or aim for a smaller deficit.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It changed based on what is input in goals right now, or updated with your current weight loss in consideration. You can go in and manually change it to 1450.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    As you lose, you need fewer calories to run your body, so maybe that's it. If you changed things, that could be the new number.
  • mblair4185
    mblair4185 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If it keeps going down...its going to be harder to stick too. Im trying to get down to 145. Started at 180..am now at 171 but eating only 1450 a day has been about ready to kill me. So is it going to keep just going down?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Maintaining weight lost is eating less and/or moving more forever.

At my goal weight I would feel like I was dieting forever too....so I have to exercise regularly.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    As I explained before you have 3 options, or can choose to combine them:

1) eat less to maintain your deficit of X calories a day
    2) burn more by working out longer, or doing more intense workouts
    3) aim for a smaller deficit. Such as if you're aiming for 1.5 pounds a week now, eventually change that to 1 and then later .5.

mblair4185 wrote: »
    If it keeps going down...its going to be harder to stick too. Im trying to get down to 145. Started at 180..am now at 171 but eating only 1450 a day has been about ready to kill me. So is it going to keep just going down?

• amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    As I explained before you have 3 options, or can choose to combine them:

1) eat less to maintain your deficit of X calories a day
    2) burn more by working out longer, or doing more intense workouts
    3) aim for a smaller deficit. Such as if you're aiming for 1.5 pounds a week now, eventually change that to 1 and then later .5.

This is great advice
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    mblair4185 wrote: »

So just change it back. I promise the MFP police will not come to your house if you manually change it to the higher number. If the higher calories are working - change it back.