Logging excersize without adding to calorie allowance

Options
Is there a way to adjust your profile so that you can log in exercise but not have the calories burned added to your daily allowance?
This would be most helpful to those who view the to things separately. Currently I cannot use myfitnesspal to log exercise because it completely messes up my calorie tracking.
Thanks for any tips.

Replies

• amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You could manually change the calories to 1. A couple of my friends use the TDEE method, but still want to log exercises, so they just report 1 calorie burned during a workout, as to not mess up their caloric count
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    amcook4 wrote: »
    You could manually change the calories to 1. A couple of my friends use the TDEE method, but still want to log exercises, so they just report 1 calorie burned during a workout, as to not mess up their caloric count

Agreed. If I want to keep track of the actual calories, I just enter it the notes area.

• rtruxel
    Options
    Thanks, but being able to track and chart calories burned is the whole point of logging exercise.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    rtruxel wrote: »
    Thanks, but being able to track and chart calories burned is the whole point of logging exercise.

You will then need to log it elsewhere. MFP goes by the theory of eating back exercise calories so it isn't set up that way and I doubt it would ever change.

I track my exercise both on MFP and MapMyFitness, perhaps you can look into MapMyFitness or something similar?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    No you can't because MFP is a NEAT method calculator...
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I just log the exercise calories but I know my goal calories and stick to it. Although I will eat back some exercise calories if hungry (up to about 1/3-1/2 what MFP indicates)
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    amcook4 wrote: »

this is how I log my exercise. Like other have said you can just make a note in the notes section of your calorie burn if you want to keep a record of actual calories burned. Depending how you calculate your calorie burn though, it may be inaccurate anyway unless you are using a HRM for everything and only doing steady state cardio and even then some monitors are more accurate than others.