Fit Girls Worldwide

Has anyone tried it?

What do you think?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I would never ever pay for this e-book. Here's why-

1.) this is an unidentifiable company and they provide no information as to who they are and why they are qualified to sell a "diet and exercise plan".

2.) this e-book costs $25.00. They don't even have an SSL to accept payment and defer all payments through PayPal.

3.) if you are in any way unsatisfied with the product (be it terrible content or the PDF being corrupted) they do not offer any refunds and all sales are final.

4.) this company heavily promotes its "guide" on instagram and is constantly stealing professional models and athletes pictures (even stock photos) as if they got their body from that program.

All in all this looks like another one of the thousands of instagram e-books on fitness and diet. It's focu is on marketing and making money (with no refunds) not on the content.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Bodybuilding.com has free plans that include exercises and nutrition. They have a variety of plans for different goals and you don't have to spend a penny unless you want to buy supplements.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    dang. i was hoping this was gonna be a superheroine gathering.
  • 1moretimetho
    1moretimetho Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2014
    Eh, I downloaded it. I like how they give away prizes, and if you search the hashtag #28dayjumpstart, you will see plenty of real world results from real people. Not saying this book is the only way to go about seeing success..but I personally need to be held by the hand sometimes.

Add me if you want. I created some of the meals as "my foods" and log them that way. They are all just kind of guesstimates though, because I can't always find the required ingredient so I may grab something that is over or under calories.

I am 5 days in and have lost approximately 3 lbs so far.
  • IronBelote
    IronBelote Posts: 14 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Bodybuilding.com has free plans that include exercises and nutrition. They have a variety of plans for different goals and you don't have to spend a penny unless you want to buy supplements.

yup. it's all right there for you.
  • arethaholly
    arethaholly Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2015
    This is a pretty late response, but I bought the ebook. It was on sale & I had some PayPal money, so it didn't *really* cost me anything, otherwise I may not have done so.

I'm not some fitness nut/guru, but I had previously lost 30lbs & wanted to kick things up a bit, so the guide seemed like a good challenge.

I didn't do the fitness challenge part because I'd rather work out at the gym (though the few times I did do one of the daily work outs, it was more challenging then expected!), but I did really enjoy the recipes & the community that comes along with it via participating on instagram. I found the recipes to be fulfilling and easy to make as well as help expand my horizons a little bit on clean eating.

Example: 2 weeks of breakfasts were versions of overnight oats -- helped me balance my breakfast a bit more & stay in appropriate portion. 2 weeks involved eggs, so you get to switch it up a bit.

They give you 1 lunch to make for each week -- 2x were a "power bowl" kind of thing with chicken, quinoa or brown rice, roasted veggies, some hummus. 2 of the weeks have more unique lunches, which again, was worth a try.

They give you recipes for 2 dinners for the week, all fairly simple to throw together -- like a pita pizza, sweet potato tacos, etc. Healthier & veggie-fied versions of classic comforts that you love. Lots of balanced snack ideas, too -- helped me make combos that made me feel satisfied & fueled for a workout after work.

While I agree, it's questionable that there's no information about who these "girls" are, I do feel like getting the book was worthwhile -- sometimes it is nice to not have to think about meal planning & whatnot. I've done it a few times (never been able to 100% finish a challenge because of work/life craziness), and it does, at minimum, help lose a few pounds of bloating due to sodium or whatever. I mean, you could probably do that yourself too, but I just didn't have a clear picture of balanced clean eating, so I wasn't getting there.

So, I would say that if you don't have a handle on clean eating and want some support through interacting on instagram, go for it -- if you can do that on your own, then do it on your own & save $24.
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    I'm a fit girl and i'm worldwide. I don't need that book lol