Favorite snacks or "quick foods"

Options
2»

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I coupon, so sometimes I will stock up on snacks and leave them in my desk at work.

I like to bulk buy Nutrigrain or Nature Valley bars; they're a good snack for me when I need something small to tide me over between breakfast or lunch, or to bring to a meeting. I also like bringing in homemade bruschetta with Food Should Taste Good chips, or hummus and rosemary + olive oil wheat crackers.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Kid-sized snacks are awesome. I love Annie's bunnies. They're whole grain crackers (think- goldfish crackers) in different shapes. I also love goldfish crackers. The serving size is quite substantial. I buy a big container and package them into serving sizes myself.

FiberOne brownies are great. Last forever in your desk, prepackaged. Only 90 calories.

I've always wanted to buy the individual nutella dippers. They're pretty expensive on their own.

My office provides weekly fruit, so bananas, bosc pears, apples, and grapes are wonderful.

Hard boiled eggs are great. Make 5-10 on Sunday and you've got 1-2 a day for a work week. I keep a small ziplock of sea salt in my desk.

I don't like them, but a lot of my coworkers like gogurts/tubes of applesauce/food in tubes.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs are great. Make 5-10 on Sunday and you've got 1-2 a day for a work week. I keep a small ziplock of sea salt in my desk.

I started doing this recently...can't believe it took me so long to discover they're not just for breakfast, and are awesome snacks!
  • maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Satsumas!!! They are very refreshing and only 22 cals each.
    You can have 4 in a row and not feel guilty :D
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    pack of mini rice crackers and a laughing cow cheese wedge. 125 calories
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    String cheese, cheerios, carrots, and cucumbers (not all together though) and LOTS of water :)
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    TripleJ3 wrote: »
    I love my Graze boxes and getting to see what new snack I get to try! I tried Nature Box but didn't live those plus it was all stuff I can buy in the grocery store.

If anyone wants to try a free box of Graze use this code: JENNYD5FB

I think if enough people use my code I get a $1 off or something but no, I don't work for Graze, I'm just hooked on receiving these boxes!

Gonna try it out!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I love my Graze boxes and getting to see what new snack I get to try! I tried Nature Box but didn't live those plus it was all stuff I can buy in the grocery store.

I think if enough people use my code I get a $1 off or something but no, I don't work for Graze, I'm just hooked on receiving these boxes!

I just used your code, thank you! I'm pretty excited to get my first box!
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I love the edamame steam packs that you can get at Costco or Sams. There is a ton of it, it is packed full of protein and I can munch on it slowly throughout the day. The entire steam pack is only 140 calories. I am eating it now actually..

I was totally going to recommend these, and you beat me to it :) These are great snacks for our kiddos as well.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My snack drawer is pretty amazing actually. I have habanero BBQ almonds, roasted cashews, trail mix, fruit/granola bars, protein bars, fiber bars, several flavors of protein powder (one scoop in a snack baggie), instant oatmeal, can of soup, good chocolate, sunflower seeds, granola, beef jerky, tea, mio, hot chocolate, several flavors of gum...... Then I can pick and choose what I want for calories/macros and none of it goes bad.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Right now on my desk I have pepitas (pumpkin seeds), Kirkland unsalted nut mix, beet chips, pork rinds (great low carb snack), a jar of peanut butter.

I also have a drawer with more like a snack baggy with protein powder serving, plantain chips, a can of oysters, and jerky.

I like to have options for a snack or additions to my lunches, or enough to make a good lunch if I forget to pack one.
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Apple slices or celery with a 1/2 of a Jiff to go cup or carrots and ranch. These can be purchased pre-packaged or you can package them yourself ahead of time. Also, mini rice cake poppers by Quaker, fruit, yogurt, mini bags of popcorn and granola bars.

We are on a low carb, high protein and none of these are too bad.
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Wasabi Soy Sauce Almonds. Crack in a can.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    sliced apples and bananas, and microwave popped kettle corn.
  • smilzjoay
    Options

Thank you for sharing this! I checked out the site and it looks so amazing! I can't wait to get my first box :smiley:
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Thank you for posting the code. I had not heard of Graze.com until I saw this thread. Signed up last night and am anticipating the first box!
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Almonds, Quest Bars. boiled eggs, pickles, olives, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, Progresso Soup, protein powder, apple, cucumber slices, jerky, Baby-Bel cheeses. These are just a few that I use frequently. It does keep me on track and I don't go to the vending machine. Blender Bottle has stack packs which I bought a couple of and they work well for a variety of snacks. (Saves on fridge space at work too instead of a larger lunch box.)