I'm motivated to lose 100 pounds.

Options
13»

Replies

• lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you're motivated - now's a critical time! If you surround yourself with people who can help you learn how to make this change stick, you will be much more likely to succeed. Over time, I hope you'll find that motivation turns in to determination. Unfortunately motivation comes and goes, but with dedication you can keep going. I think one thing that has helped me is finding motivation beyond just the number. Yeah, I have a goal weight, but it's not set in stone, especially because I've never been that weight at this height. I've continued to draw motivation from how much easier things are, how much better I feel, and how much more positive my life is since starting to make changes for my health. I hope you find lots of support and knowledge here!
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have 60 to lose - feel free to add me
  • Medivh73
    Medivh73 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Already lost 78 lbs, but still have 122 lbs to go.
  • djuri004
    Options
    First of all, congrats on starting your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me as a friend as I am new to myfitnesspal as well. Best of luck!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    TAKE A BEFORE PIC NOW!!!!! :D
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm right here w/ you girl. I need to lost 160 pounds... 4 down, 156 to go. Lolz.
  • emmakiko
    emmakiko Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have lost 80 pounds in total so far (the last 35 since I have been on this site) and have about 30 or 40 more to go. My recommendation to anyone starting out on such a daunting journey is get your diet under control first and forget about exercise for the first month or two. Just learn what you need to eat and not eat to reduce your body fat and then commit to do it. For me, a ketogenic (very low carb, moderate protein and high fat) diet worked wonders and made the weight fly off. But everyone's body reacts differently to diets, so it's up to you to experiment and find what works for you. If you have occasional slip ups, just wipe the slate clean for the next meal (not the next day or next week). Try to get over mistakes quickly and without self-blame and just keep going. Once you get used to your new way of eating, you can then slowly introduce exercise. A mix of low impact cardio (while you are still heavy) and weight lifting is a good start. Increase the intensity slowly only as you feel ready. I feel people who try to do too much at once get overwhelmed and discouraged and then ultimately give up. So it's more effective to just take baby steps in the right direction, mastering each new weight loss skill before adding on another one. Good luck to you! :)
  • juhinr5690
    Options
    hey everyone! I had lost 54 pounds before my wedding in December 2013. After I got married, I gained a lot of that weight back. I am getting back on track now and trying to lose 50 pounds. I will be documenting my journey on my youtube channel and want to invite you all to join me! Please subscribe to my channel and join me on my weight loss journey. Here is a link to my weight loss intro video:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=VbcoZjHAUu4&list=UUwMEWtg6_Zy-aHEDlTozknA
  • lavagirlangie
    lavagirlangie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for 59 days. And I really think it's kinda fun. I don't exercise due to a bad back but I eat for nutrition and so far I have lost 12 lbs and boy! am I happy about that.24543638.png
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm going to hit my 100 lb loss next week (hopefully lol)... I will add you! Anyone else who wants to friend me, friend away!