The shrinking girl - progress pics

Options
Hey. My name is Wendy. I'm 29, I weigh 170 lb, and I started at 187. I'm 5'3" and I have super gigantic natural boobs that just won't budge an inch even while losing weight. I've been on my journey for 3 whole months now (12ish weeks). People ask me what I'm doing to be successful, because it's never happened before. The fact of the matter is, I'm not stopping. I'm moving forward. Each day is far from perfect. I don't eat clean, I don't hardcore calorie count (at this point) anymore, though I did the first month. You can read in more detail about my journey here at futureformerfatty.com.

The reason I'm being able to stick to this lifestyle change this time, is because I've taken all of the pressure off. I have no deadline. No goal to meet by any certain time. I'm simply choosing to live healthier than I was, and I know that eventually, I reach my goal. I workout very hard sometimes. Other times, not so much. I just finished my first sprint triathlon, and I'm so amazed at what I was able to put my mind to and conquer. I'm still a good 40-50 lb overweight, my journey is a neverending one, and I'm merely taking it a day at a time. If there's anything I've learned, it's that this lifestyle change I'm looking for is mostly in my head. As I'm conquering the self loathing and the low self esteem, I'm realizing the I'm worth the change, I am capable of doing it, and it feels really really good to be health. It's to the point that when I wake up, exercising is one of the first things I think about. Because I KNOW IT IS CHANGING ME. It's hard sometimes. It hurts sometimes. My burn isn't very epic sometimes. But, I'm changing, and that's all I can ask for. When I started 3 months ago, 3 months down the road sounded impossible and very far away. Sure, it'd be nice to have lost 50 lb already. But I'll take 15. Slow and steady wins the race, and I feel amazing. This really is the way to be successful on this journey. Low pressure, low expectations, with only good intentions in mind. Decide to make a change, don't be too hard on yourself along the way, and change will come. It only takes a few baby steps here and there, and then before you know it, you're crossing the finish line to your first triathlon and looking at pictures of yourself thinking, "Is this really me? Have I really done this well?"...and then you wanna keep going that much more.

I love food. I've always really loved food. One of the things that has always been difficult for me to grasp with "diets" is that I have to give up things that have always continuously brought me "happiness". Food has never let me down. I realized it would be a big feat to change how I felt about my foods, but I figured I'd take it a day at a time and see where I end up. The good news is, that the more I've committed myself to hardcore exercise and eating under a certain number of calories (I never allow myself more than 2000 calories...or it happens super rarely, anyway) the more I've naturally stopped thinking about this food or that food or planning all our date nights around this restaurant or that restaurant. It's so nice to see how natural this is being, without putting too much pressure on. That was the trick for me. That's what has made the difference in me sticking to this long term. I'm not putting pressure on. I allow myself what I want, when I want, and that freedom has shown me just how in control I can be. (The first three weeks of my lifestyle change, I held to a very strick calorie intake of under 1200 calories. This made a huge difference in curbing cravings and appetite when I adjusted my diet to eating an average of 1750 calories/day.)

Life is hard sometimes. Probably more often than not. Being a stay at home mom to my 1 year old and 3 year old has it's challenges. Committing to this change was hard at first, cuz it required a lot more time management than I'm used to. My kids hate when I work out. Over coming those early challenges and starting a routine for us was key to get us where we are now. My kids know that working out is good for mommy; I'm much less tired and lazy, more motivated to keep up around the house and take them out to play. My husband is so happy to see myself care more about me, and we are all just happier in generally. Working towards being healthier, whatever that is, just HEALTHIER, will only do you favors. Some days are total fails. Sooooo what. Shake it off, and recommit. You won't regret that. You will regret giving up, just like you've regretted it every other time you've tried losing the pesky weight.

I'm 12 weeks into my journey. Running and biking with occasional turbo kick and les mills combat classes at the gym have gotten me where I am today. No wacky miracle pills, no cleanses or expensive shakes, no high cost programs or anything like that. Sheer will power, and the desire to merely be less unhappy have brought me where I am today. And I'm more than "less unhappy"...I'm dang near totally happy, lol.

I'll be starting Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme Hybrid today, if anyone cares to join me. I ordered the programs a couple of months ago, and I'm finally ready to commit to the "program". Follow me on my journey, or join me and lets encourage each other. I'm stoked for the next set of progress pics I'll be posting!

Futureformerfatty.com

2affc572-7df3-44aa-acad-f89ebe3fcd94_zpsc7fcfd6e.jpg

b26dbe6a-d762-4e1e-9a84-38046b2dc143_zps928afa3a.jpg

91d4bb11-d9e5-49ad-8c2d-d79d00ce4f50_zps4ef5a42a.jpg

db353da3-5b59-41e8-b2ee-196a53bcc478_zps8439955f.jpg

cfb0b1ad-d2a1-427b-88f8-71da0f95bfbb_zps9b584039.jpg

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Cool! Your getting great results! Keep burning it!
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great. I can see why everyone is asking you how you got those results. I wish my boobs wouldn't budge!
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Your smile put on weight... it's bigger in all the after pictures :happy: Great job!
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Nice write up and awesome results. You're on the right path. Keep it up!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude! You look great!!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    We have a LOT in common! Abandoning trying to be "perfect" is what has allowed me to lose my weight as well. Just doing BETTER than you have done in the past will give results and motivate for the next steps! Great job, I commend you!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Oh, and your stomach looks AMAZING!!!! :)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Awesome :) Also, LOVE the faces you're making in the pics lol
  • anilarora08
    anilarora08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good work, carry on.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Great job what a wonderful difference!! I do notice a difference "up there" especially near your armpits!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hey! Thanks for posting this. Your success makes me happy. :)

Thanks for making my day. Keep up the great work! :)
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Looking goooood!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! :)
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done.
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! And you are right, lifestyle and attitude are huge. Keep up the great work :happy:
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    2nd Pic on the left!!! HER-LARRY-US!!! Nice Pic keep up the good work.!!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm simply choosing to live healthier than I was

Great work! I loved your write up..particularly regarding no timetables... sometimes I think I put so much pressure on myself it trips me up.

Thanks for sharing!:heart:
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Nice going! Thanks for sharing :)

I am losing all over, but honestly I don't mind losing some 'breast' because its so hard to find comfortable bras to wear, cute tops to cover up; and so I liking the 'smaller' breasts on me.
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thank you for writing this up -- very inspirational! And you look GREAT!! Well done. :smile: :smile:
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    thats awesome. you look amazing. and you look really happy too :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!