EXHAUSTED AFTER WORKOUT :(

Options
2»

Replies

• newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Warm up and cool down are two of the best things you can do for your body. I don't know that it will solve the shaking issue though.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    If you are drinking enough water and eating enough of the right things. You should probably go see your doctor.

29509743.png
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    How is your HR? Does it jump up 30 beats per minute upon standing? I have dysautonomia and if I exercise standing up I will black out because my HR goes over 200 after a few minutes. I have to do all my exercise seated. I do the recumbent bike and the rowing machine. I had to go to cardiac rehab because I needed to be monitored while exercising at first. They diagnosed me on a tilt table test although I have also had 2 echo stress tests, worn 2 holter monitors, and had other testing done. I get very shaky and feel weird during and after exercise. I make sure to drink a lot of water...I do about 2 gallons a day.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    My resting HR always runs high, can be anything from 90-115 and goes up to 155-165 with exercise so its not neccesarily something to hold you back but I'd say go back for follow up and specificually point out this problem
  • bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Does any one think eating maybe a good breakfast first will help?? I usually workout in the am eating like a banana or shake first. Maybe its not enough to fuel my body. Doctor is not really an option due to finances....
  • bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Going to the doctor is your smartest move--if you don't like the one you went to last time, change. Then you have to try different things to see what works for you. Try doing easier exercises with a short intense spurt now and again, and try to go longer, but less intense. You have had some great advice above and I would try some of it. Best of luck. :)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Have some carbs before you workout. Warm up before you workout and make sure you cool down/stretch after too. Then eat some protein after...have food, not shakes.

ETA: what do your workouts consist of?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    yeah, what are your workouts?

I'm a lazy *kitten*, and I can put down 90 minutes lifting, or a couple hours on a bike without much challenge... I would think someone smaller, eating well, and doing it for 6 months would be able to at least match if not outpace what I cando.

Zero medical complications? Hm, odd.