Need to keep my mind busy.

Options
WorkoutJunkie1
WorkoutJunkie1 Posts: 183
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
So, I decided to come here and ask for some support. This morning was a bad day, I decided to eat fast food (haven't ate out in literally 4 months) and I had one sausage biscuit for 473 calories and a small order of hash browns for 250 calories from Burger King. Then at 11:00am I had a black cherry Mt. Dew Kickstart for 80 calories. I am at 803 calories today and I can't consume anymore. It's only 2:00pm in California, so I have 8 hours before I go to sleep and 5 before I go for my 7.5 mile run. I need MFB to help keep me focus on not consuming anything else for the day. I can't believe I consumed so many calories, carbs, fats, and sodium. *slap wrist* But, my goal is to burn 1000 to 1500 calories running today. I also have to cook dinner for my roommates, but I'm making enough just for them, so I don't have any leftover for me.

Who can keep my mind preoccupied? I'll love you forever.

Replies

• numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    first of all, burning 1,000 - 1,500 cals in one workout sounds really, really ridiculous to me. like, you'll have to work VERY hard for VERY long time (unless you are very large, and even then it will take a while) to burn that much. do you really want to do that? i know i sure wouldn't. in fact, i straight up would not do it even if i overate by that much. but, if you really think you'll physically and psychologically be able to handle it...

secondly, i know the anger, pain, frustration and disappointment of going over on your calories, especially when it's several hundred or more over. but listen -- one day isn't going to matter. it's one day. go for a run if you feel up to it, but you don't need to burn that much. what is your maintenance level? even if you just get to that, instead of a defecit, today won't hurt you. and even if you go over into the gaining amount, it won't be that much, i'm sure. the notion that you "can't consume any more" is wrong and unhealthy.

as far as being preoccupied -- do some sort of work you need to get done, or read, any kind of activity that gets your mind thinking about/concentrating on other stuff. something that really engages it.

but, i really, really don't think today will put you off significantly. i know how you feel right now, but look at it as a drop in the ocean, 'cause that's all it really is! good luck.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    803 calories a day -- seriously?? and burning 1500 calories (which would take about 15 miles) -- am I misunderstanding?? Message me -- I'd like to help with this.