Scooby TDEE Projections are motivating me right now!

Options
So I was checking out the scooby TDEE calculator today and was looking at the 60 month weightloss projection if I eat the calories I've been eating for the last week for the next 60 months. Based on the chart, it's basically tell me that if I eat this way until May 30, 2015 - I will get to 155 pounds (10 pounds below my goal for the same time period) and if I eat that way for another year after that - so to May 30, 2016, I will get down to 136 pounds! So basically if I'm just consistant for two years, I can weigh what I did when I graduated high school in time for my 40th birthday!

Now I have a real desire to change my "tracking calories for 365 days" goal, into "a tracking for 730 days" goal. Although in addition to tracking each day, I need to focus on staying within my calorie goals more consistently, but wow - under 140 pounds by my 40th birthday would just be so awesome. I've pretty much demonstrated I can be consistent with daily tracking (145 day streak as of today), now I just got the motivation I need to stop going over my calorie goals about 1/3 of the time.

Replies

• sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Do you mean 6 months? 60 months is five years. :)

I agree that the calculator is encouraging, but I use it as a guideline. I know some months will be worse than others. It's still awesome, though.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You have great goals. Happy to lend support if you're looking for some.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a really cool guideline and very inspirational. However, in my experience there tend to be some curves balls now and then. Don't let those derail you.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 years to lose the weight, and my journey was down-up-down-down-up-down...and eventually I reached my original goal.
    It was a tough journey, and I have maintained for 3 years - another tough journey...
    uilte3y4zzl6.jpg
  • skinnyD2308
    skinnyD2308 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    sorcha1977 wrote: »

I agree that the calculator is encouraging, but I use it as a guideline. I know some months will be worse than others. It's still awesome, though.

I meant 60 months, but if your run your cursor along the drop line you can see where you'll be at 6,12, 24 months ect. It pegged me at 119 pounds in 5 years (hee, hee). No starving for this girl, I can reach my goals at 1750 if I just stick to it. I'm in no rush and seeking to develop permanent habits.
  • skinnyD2308
    Options
    Wow, that's a really cool guideline and very inspirational. However, in my experience there tend to be some curves balls now and then. Don't let those derail you.

I won't, I know it won't be totally linear, that why it's more important to me to log everything consistently. Mostly I've just been trying to eat below maintenance calories, and take my losses where I can, I've lost 23 pounds so far that way, and when I count up days with a deficit, I'm averaging about 20 days out of the month, I'd like to be under maintenance about 25-28 days a month, so I'm working on that right now. I've already had a couple of curve balls (vacation, getting sick, 3 birthday celebrations in one week) buts it's all tracked. The great thing about tracking, is seeing everything average out over the week/month, I'm not freaking out with guilt or shame every time I slip up, I just log it and move on.
  • skinnyD2308
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »
    It took me 2 years to lose the weight, and my journey was down-up-down-down-up-down...and eventually I reached my original goal.
    It was a tough journey, and I have maintained for 3 years - another tough journey...
    uilte3y4zzl6.jpg

Great job!
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    sorcha1977 wrote: »

I meant 60 months, but if your run your cursor along the drop line you can see where you'll be at 6,12, 24 months ect. It pegged me at 119 pounds in 5 years (hee, hee). No starving for this girl, I can reach my goals at 1750 if I just stick to it. I'm in no rush and seeking to develop permanent habits.

Oh, that makes sense. I just misunderstood the original post. :)