Going over calories

Options
Hey everyone, so I went over my calories today by about 500-700. I'm not going to beat myself up, I'm only human. But what should I do tomorrow? eat less? or just eat normally?

Replies

• whisperfitandhappy
    whisperfitandhappy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 1800-1900 a day, it's the calories I need to maintain btw.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Burpees.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Just fresh and you'll be fine :) Or if you really want put some extra oomph in your next work out, or shave 100-150 calories off the next couple days.
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'd just eat normally tomorrow. One day isn't going to kill you (as long as it's not followed by another and another). If you eat too little over the next few days, you'll just be too hungry and that will lead to more over-eating. I'd chalk it up to a bad day and move on.
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i watched a speech on motivation and research suggest the guilt will cause you to go further down the wrong path. tell your self an affirmation. for example the study said to say to your self, or write it down as if you were talking to another person

" i know you are feeling guilty about indulging today"
    " don't worry everyone does it sometimes"
    " don't be to hard on yourself "

the experiment showed that woman who indulged and herd this statement ate half as much candy in the 2nd part of the experiment of which they did not know was related to the other study, days later. it was a very interesting seminar.
  • 23kat23
    23kat23 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just eat like you normally would but maybe throw in some cardio. It will make you feel better about going over today :)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, so I went over my calories today by about 500-700. I'm not going to beat myself up, I'm only human. But what should I do tomorrow? eat less? or just eat normally?

I overate purposefully on Saturday by around 600-700 calories (family dinner at Longhorn) & just did quick calories for around 100 calories for seven days to even the calories out.