Not missing that white junk in my life.

Options
I have been using MFP for a few years now, I have some ups and downs, tried this and that to try to re lose some of the weight I have gained. Ya know that quick fix, or just eating less and logging , all that has for me anyway, never worked. I am not one of these that can eat whatever and just eat less and still lose weight. I had to do what worked . My body was in physical pain everyday, I was depressed. Sugar does that and that other evil, white flour. I decided to go back to what I knew worked . I didn't give up fat, or even dairy . I gave up sugar and unhealthy carbs. I am 5 lbs away from my 20 lbs mark, which will put me at half way to my goal. I love my life and my energy is soaring. Cooking is a blast again. I love to cook. NOw I am always expermenting and making menus and shopping accordingly. I feel like Julia child in that movie Julie and Julia, well maybe with a little less butter, but I do use butter all the same. :) I have had fun making desserts and meals at home that the family love, ... NOTICE I put desserts first, isn't that how it should be . Who says sprouted grain breads or quinana pasta isn't delish. I have yet to learn how to spell it, but I do love it.

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    When you gave up the "white junk" you most likely put yourself into a deficit and you lost weight. If that worked for you that's great, but there are plenty on here that don't demonize food like sugar/flour, practice moderation, and are successful. Good luck though.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    When you gave up the "white junk" you most likely put yourself into a deficit and you lost weight. If that worked for you that's great, but there are plenty on here that don't demonize food like sugar/flour, practice moderation, and are successful. Good luck though.

+1

Also, the thread title is very..... misleading.... lol o:)>:)