Post-Mortem Photography should still be a thing.

Options
2»

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My Dad had some pictures of himself taken with my mother shortly after she passed. I never could bear to look at them. Her being gone, his grief so raw, just... awful. That being said, I don't mind looking at MM from the past, although it makes me sad sometimes, esp when they are of kids.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No... :noway:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    smb0421 wrote: »
    I'm feeling the Halloween spirit and love creepiness anyway but who else thinks Post-Mortem photography should still be a thing? I think people and animals should be tastefully photographed after death, maybe I'm weird but I find it really interesting and beautiful in a haunting way. Death can be as beautiful as birth in my opinion!

i've watched someone die, it wasnt interesting or beautiful...
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    id like my remains to be scattered over the city.

oh, i dont want to be cremated
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want a picture of my lovely dad on his death bed. I want to remember him as the vibrant, funny strong person full of life, not the shattered shell eaten by cancer - I have that memory imprinted in my mind as it is and don't need a hard copy
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want a picture of my lovely dad on his death bed. I want to remember him as the vibrant, funny strong person full of life, not the shattered shell eaten by cancer - I have that memory imprinted in my mind as it is and don't need a hard copy

my thoughts exactly
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!!!!! This for my mom.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    We should also revert to some of the old traditions like having the wake (including the deceased) at home, Obviously there are times that an open casket would be completely inappropriate but death is something that we've turned into an impersonal industry and it shouldn't be.

I can't recall the lady's name right now but there was (recently) a socialite in New Orleans who had a party thrown for her after she died which she attended.
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I don't even want an open casket, all these people parading past to look at you lying there.

I had this very discussion with my wife and son the other day. I made it explicitly clear that I want to be cremated as soon as humanly possible after I die, and by no means whatsoever, do I want an open casket funeral.

Cremation
    Memorial service
    Move on

I don't like looking at my friends/family that died either, lying there in a casket. I do not want my last visual memory of someone I loved and cared about to be that image. I'd rather remember them alive and kicking!

Not judging those that do the open casket thing; just not for me. To each his/her own.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    There are a couple of people that I am looking forward seeing to Post-Mortem phootographs of.

Excellent point. I wonder if there's a place where one could submit a Wish List.
  • smb0421
    smb0421 Posts: 37
    Options
    i feel like as a society we fear death, we see it as dirty, something that needs to be hidden away. burned, put in a vault covered with cement 6 feet under. that death is unsanitary and morbid, depressing. i think post mortem photography could change people's views on death and maybe help them overcome fear of the unknown yet inevitable.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Like someone else said that type of thing isn't for me. My dad just died a couple of weeks ago from cancer and I don't want a picture of him like that. I have alot of pictures of him alive, enjoying life. That's my father, not his body.