My New Rules of Lifting for Women results

Options
lili61
lili61 Posts: 231 Member
The before photo is after losing about 20 pounds, at about 169 pounds. I was doing some cardio and TRX (bodyweight) strength training. The after photo is only about 5-7 pounds lighter, 6 months later after starting and completing NROLFW.

I am 26, about 5'7" and now around 162. Throughout the program I ate about 1800-2100 calories a day with plenty of slip ups. I still want to drop some fat, particularly on the bottom half, but these results are very encouraging and definitely tell me not to pay too much attention to the scale.

Heavy lifting will continue to be a dominant part of my routine--this program also really helped build my confidence, which was a side effect I was not expecting! If you put the work in consistently you will see results. And as you can see, I haven't turned into some she-Hulk from deadlifting and squatting heavy, or from picking up dumbbells heavier than 10 pounds. :smile:

Replies

• kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Nice job ! Keep up the good work!!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I'm about 3 weeks in, (although I got derailed with a cold this week) and I was really itching to see some results from others as encouragement.

You can see a huge difference in your arms/shoulders, definitely a smaller waist, and your legs look great and your hips shrank.

Now that you're through the program, is there anything you would do differently? Anything you wish you had known sooner which you think might have made your results even better?
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference for only a few pounds lost. Awesome progress.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Great results! You look fab! Keep up the heavy lifting :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    That's amazing progress!
  • lili61
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I'm about 3 weeks in, (although I got derailed with a cold this week) and I was really itching to see some results from others as encouragement.

You can see a huge difference in your arms/shoulders, definitely a smaller waist, and your legs look great and your hips shrank.

Now that you're through the program, is there anything you would do differently? Anything you wish you had known sooner which you think might have made your results even better?

Keep at it! The first two stages were a bit boring for me and it picked up after that. I honestly wouldn't really do anything differently. My nutrition could've been a bit better (specifically protein), but I am never going to give up beer and wings or candy, so I just tried to practice everything in moderation. Even if you're not perfect, I truly believe that consistently doing the program is the biggest key.

Good luck!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    awesome work!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Nice! That is a very very obvious difference! You look awesome
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! And thank you so much for sharing it! I'm finishing up stage 4...and I've been enjoying the results too. I'm up 5 lbs, but have lost BF and inches...it's amazing! Congratulations!!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look incredible. This makes me want to look it up again and maybe give it a go.
  • lili61
    Options
    Wow! Great job! And thank you so much for sharing it! I'm finishing up stage 4...and I've been enjoying the results too. I'm up 5 lbs, but have lost BF and inches...it's amazing! Congratulations!!

Isn't it awesome! Hope you post some before/afters when you're done!
  • lili61
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    Great work! You look incredible. This makes me want to look it up again and maybe give it a go.

Do it! It is definitely a commitment, but well worth it.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I started the program but haven't been doing it as consistently as I should (I kinda hate getting really sore because it curtails my biking and running...) This is motivating me to get back on it 2x a week.
  • sistrsprkl
    Options
    Is it possible to do without a barbell?
  • lili61
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    Is it possible to do without a barbell?

Hmm, that might be difficult as many of the moves are compound using the barbell (squats, deadlifts, OHP). I'm sure you could substitute dumbbells, but they may not be heavy enough. The bar alone is 45 pounds. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

• sistrsprkl
    Options
    Thank you. I'm moving and leaving my gym and not sure if I'll join another one.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!