Coming Up Short...Advice Please

Options
Hi All
I'm having trouble eating enough protein and potassium. In general I am below my recommendations. I'm eating raisins, bananas, apricots, and two types of beans. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to make these goals?
Thanks!

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    raisins, bananas and apricots don't have any protein, or very little. Is there a specific reason why you chose those foods? Potassium is not generally a deficiency, so why are you concerned with it? Just curious.

For protein, Greek Yogurt, cheese, nuts, peanut butter, almost all meat, eggs....so many yummy things :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Nuts, butters, meat, eggs, did I say meat!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Are you vegan or vegetarian? I ask because beans generally aren't a protein go-to for an omnivore. Any sort of meat and dairy is a great protein source.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Meat, eggs, milk, soybeans, yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts and seeds- yay, protein! Also veggie burgers. :) Edit: And tuna! How could I forget my lovely, lovely tuna?!

Baked potato with the skin is my favorite K+ source. Apricots, dried peas and beans. green and leafy veggies (like spinach), whole grains, tomato, raisins and apricots are good, too. And our friend, the banana, who gets credit for having loads of potassium, but doesn't (he's such a show-off.)
  • spanorchid
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian. I was keeping the meat down because of the sodium. I was concerned about the potassium because I'm never really close. I want to help my body as much as I can as I try to achieve my goal weight. Thanks for all of the suggestions.