Still watching the scales ...

Options
Hi all,

I posted on here a week or so back. I won't go into all my stats again but basically, I'm already a healthy weight but trying to lose a little more to get back down to the weight I feel comfortable (I have around 4-6 more lbs to lose). I had lost 3 lbs, but now that has become 2 (small fry next to a lot of the people on here I know).

Well, despite everyone's advice last time I still persist to weigh myself every day and (lo and behold, as I thought would happen) today I have gone up rather than down and, consequently, I am feeling rubbish. It is only a lb and I know it could be do with any number of things but still ... rubbish. Over this past week, I've been feeling pretty good about myself because I feel that (although my food diary isn't the healthiest of the healthiest) I've been sticking to my calorie goals and have become more disciplined with my exercise. I really though I was making progress and that my body was beginning to look firmer and more toned, and the weight WAS beginning to come off (albeit slowly).

As a result of the weigh-in this morning, I've immediately looked at myself and just seen a blob. I KNOW this isn't true but it's funny how a little lb can make me so miserable :(

I don't feel I can completely quit the scales just yet but I'm going to stop weighing myself every day. Out of interest, how many times a week do other people on here weigh themselves? And how do others deal with these little setbacks?

Thanks in advance.

Lu x

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday WITH the knowledge that it will fluctuate for any number of reasons. Here's a thread I made about scales a while back:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/350212/why-scales-lie/p1

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • liquoricecat
    liquoricecat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ninerbuff. That's a really useful post - made me realise I need to up the water intake. I'm also in the habit of going over my sodium allowance for the day, so that's another thing I'll look at reducing.

I definitely haven't been ingesting anything close to 3,500 calories a day so just got to keep telling myself that this is a temporary blip.